New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GulongGong View Post
    seems you really like modding sir, a DIY'er eh? thats good..

..I also noticed this, parang ang bilis nga mag accumulate ng dust sa engine bay.. I used a leaf blower for it.. ang hirap gamitin ng car duster kasi daming singit singit.. hindi kasi putik yung dumi, it's a mix of dust and some fine sand or something?...
    OO nga, mas magaspang. Unlike the usual na parang talcum powder on my Honda City's engine. This supports my theory that it comes from the hole. Larger particles do not travel far so it is logical to think that it comes from our own wheels rather than the vehicle some feet away in front.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gatmaitan20 View Post
    Keep us updated sir, malamang developer ka sir...
    If by developer you mean software developer, yes, we do IT consulting here in Pampanga.

Yes, will keep all of us updated. Malaki pasalamat ko sa forum natin. It helped me a lot in my buying decision towards the Fiesta.

Tama lang naman na mag-contribute ng kaunti para naman pakinabangan natin.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GulongGong View Post
    seems you really like modding sir, a DIY'er eh? thats good..
    Yes, more on practical modding ang sa atin, less para sa porma.

I plan to upgrade the headlight lamps for greater visibility and put in fog lights for greater safety. In my Honda City, I put in white and higher wattage bulbs plus yellow fog lights para sa tag-ulan.

Para sa porma yung medyo mura lang. Blue LEDS for park lights. Blue strip of LEDS facing downwards on the front grille. White LED flashers along with break lights sa likod para sa added safety naman.

Would you guys know if warranty would be broken if you increase wattage on the bulbs? or install fog lights outside the casa?

I hope to share more DIY's with you guys if time permits.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post

Would you guys know if warranty would be broken if you... install fog lights outside the casa?
    I asked about this when I went to Ford Balintawak and they said yes void ang warranty pag electrical ang ikakabit labas ng casa. Dunno about the bulbs though. Sadly, wala pa daw silang available fog lamps and alarm for the fiesta galing ng factory kaya di pa makapagpakabit.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dyip_karatig View Post
    I asked about this when I went to Ford Balintawak and they said yes void ang warranty pag electrical ang ikakabit labas ng casa. Dunno about the bulbs though. Sadly, wala pa daw silang available fog lamps and alarm for the fiesta galing ng factory kaya di pa makapagpakabit.
    Salamat for the info sir. I will take it in advisement. Maybe I can find a way to install fog lights that can be easily removed without any traces.

Malayo pa naman tag-ulan...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is it possible that there are supposed to be plastic covers to completely close the wheelwell cover access hole? and for some reason, they were not installed in the factory... or worse, they fell off or were stolen enroute to you the buyer..
    i noticed in my 2005 innova, i and a number of other first edition innovas don't have a front plastic cover under my right front fender, but the newer innovas i inspected, do have this cover..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it possible that there are supposed to be plastic covers to completely close the wheelwell cover access hole? and for some reason, they were not installed in the factory... or worse, they fell off or were stolen enroute to you the buyer..
    i noticed in my 2005 innova, i and a number of other first edition innovas don't have a front plastic cover under my right front fender, but the newer innovas i inspected, do have this cover..
    No sir. The way the hole looks, it was a deliberate trade-off in favor of cost cutting. Maybe faster assembly saves them a few dollars during production.

The best solution I have in mind so far is a stronger tape or adhesive that can just be peeled or scissored off when access to the mounting bolt is required. That should be a rare situation.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    One week after, I can now conclude that those holes are the source of the larger grain dust/sand I found strange to be on my engine a couple of weeks ago.

I taped the holes last week and today when I inspected the engine, what I found was the same "talcum powder" like dust similar to my Honda City's engine.

Additionally I removed the headlight assembly and saw the aluminum tape I used.

Here is the pic:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Grabe sir you are one brave man! Galing nyo sa ganyan!

Now when my soon to be wife's fiesta sedan arrives, I know I must close that hole as well! Di ko kaya pwede pagawa sa kanila yan?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    galing ah . . .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast