New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I personally tried out their new features which is the Park Assist and Auto City Stop.
    How do you guys find it?

Here is a video of me testing it out:
    Ford Focus Experience -> View #135 Jeffrey Pascual

Would you agree that the price of PHP 1.2M is reasonable for this kind of monster?
    I was actually rooting for the Ford Fusion but I believe it will be until next year upon arrival in the Philippines..
    Last edited by jrqp30; August 11th, 2012 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Already available

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jrqp30 View Post
    I personally tried out their new features which is the Park Assist and Auto City Stop.
    How do you guys find it?

Here is a video of me testing it out:
    Ford Focus Experience -> View #135 Jeffrey Pascual

Would you agree that the price of PHP 1.2M is reasonable for this kind of monster?
    I was actually rooting for the Ford Fusion but I believe it will be until next year upon arrival in the Philippines..

The price is simply too high at P1.2M. The older model could be justified because it was a turbo-diesel. With the current model, I find it hard to say the price tag of P1.2M is worth it because the Park Assist and Auto City Stop are just added "toys" that would not be missed if they were removed.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i wonder how park assist works. sana pwede din palagyan yung manual nav ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    With all the electric nannies you'll find in more expensive euro brands, you could say the Focus is a real bargain at 1.2M. But it competes with more mainstream Jap brands here making it the more expensive among the compact roster, still, top line Japs costs about as much and not as well equipped. Add to that a new powerful engine, wonderful euro compliant ride and handling, features galore and a gorgeous styling. Still a bargain after all imo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    With all the electric nannies you'll find in more expensive euro brands, you could say the Focus is a real bargain at 1.2M. But it competes with more mainstream Jap brands here making it the more expensive among the compact roster, still, top line Japs costs about as much and not as well equipped. Add to that a new powerful engine, wonderful euro compliant ride and handling, features galore and a gorgeous styling. Still a bargain after all imo.

That powerful engine will also consume a lot of expensive gasoline. Not something most people would want in their compact sedan or compact hatch. People buying a car in this category would like a bit of style but fuel economy and purchase price still matters more as well as long term maintenance cost/service. This is why Japanese brands like Honda and Toyota will still be top choices.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    It's a matter of priority. I believe this (Focus)could provide cross shopping among euro brand buyers rather than those of usual Jap sedan target market. I, myself, doesn't have the balls to own one. I tend to lean on simpler, much easier to maintain japs. But for those who could afford a rather bare A4 1.8 Non FSi or BMW 316i or Benz C180 or even a Volvo S40. The Focus (at least here locally), could put up a good fight against those euro sedans. Ford is not tagged as cheap brand here as it is elsewhere. Not only is it priced way down low, it offers greater features, amenities and up to par engines and even tranny (dual clutch)against those pricier entry level premium branded compacts.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a matter of priority. I believe this (Focus)could provide cross shopping among euro brand buyers rather than those of usual Jap sedan target market. I, myself, doesn't have the balls to own one. I tend to lean on simpler, much easier to maintain japs. But for those who could afford a rather bare A4 1.8 Non FSi or BMW 316i or Benz C180 or even a Volvo S40. The Focus (at least here locally), could put up a good fight against those euro sedans. Ford is not tagged as cheap brand here as it is elsewhere. Not only is it priced way down low, it offers greater features, amenities and up to par engines and even tranny (dual clutch)against those pricier entry level premium branded compacts.
    Only the top of the line Focus has much of the "toys" ... the lower priced variants are pretty much bare and only a little more than basic transport. So comparing the top of the line Focus with the likes of BMW, Audi or Benz is a false comparison because the euro-car vs focus price tag difference is too big (euro car brand usually starting at P2M and up).

Many would be comparing it with the likes of the Hyundai Sonata which has a much closer price tag or the cheaper Hyundai Elantra 1.8L or Toyota Corolla 1.6L or Mitsubishi Lancer EX GTA.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Only the top of the line Focus has much of the "toys" ... the lower priced variants are pretty much bare and only a little more than basic transport. So comparing the top of the line Focus with the likes of BMW, Audi or Benz is a false comparison because the euro-car vs focus price tag difference is too big (euro car brand usually starting at P2M and up).

Many would be comparing it with the likes of the Hyundai Sonata which has a much closer price tag or the cheaper Hyundai Elantra 1.8L or Toyota Corolla 1.6L or Mitsubishi Lancer EX GTA.
    Yes, but because of the Focus' content is more closely resemble a premium euro sedan than a japanese compact. It would just be fair for the Focus to acknowledge its pseudo-premium brand packaging.

mbiente:
    1.6L 5MT/6PS AT
    1.6L engine, All power amenities, Dual airbags, ABS, Anti theft system, EPS, 4w disc brakes, 16" wheel covers, 205/60R16 Michellin Primacy, 4 speakers. Ambiente 6PS AT adds: EBD, Hill launch assist, ESP

Trend:
    Ambiente 6PS AT plus: 16" alloy wheels, 2 additional speakers (total of 6), 3.5" dot matrix multi info screen, Ford SYNC, front foglamps

Titanium Plus:
    Trend plus:2.0L Ti-VCT engine, side airbags and curtain airbags, torque vectoring control (a brake based LSD), front and rear parking aid, active park assist, active city stop, BLIS, perimeter alarm (?), LED HID headlamps with DRLeds, power retract mirrors with puddle lamp, dual zone auto climate control, leather, titanium trimmings, 4way power driver seats, big power sunroof, auto dimming mirrors, smart keyless entry, engine start/stop, 3 additional speakers (total of 9), cruise control, global open and close windows, heated accoustic windshield, rain sensing wipers, auto on/off headlamps, retractable HL washers.
    Last edited by basti08; August 11th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, but because of the Focus' content is more closely resemble a premium euro sedan than a japanese compact. It would just be fair for the Focus to acknowledge its pseudo-premium brand packaging.
    Those listed "content" or features is not anymore than what you would find in a top of the line car like the Subaru XV or Mazda CX5...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Those listed "content" or features is not anymore than what you would find in a top of the line car like the Subaru XV or Mazda CX5...
    which costs far more and categorically, are compact SUVs.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast