New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ganda ng ford fiesta hatchback!!! ilalabas kaya yan dito sa pinas? magkaano kaya yan if ever? planning to buy a car..late this year or early next year. type ko to ah. bahala na medyo turn-off pangalan niya.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by anti_barbie View Post
    ganda ng ford fiesta hatchback!!! ilalabas kaya yan dito sa pinas? magkaano kaya yan if ever? planning to buy a car..late this year or early next year. type ko to ah. bahala na medyo turn-off pangalan niya.
    According to initial reports we should be getting it first quarter of 2010.

"Fiesta will be launched simultaneously in the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand,"
    - http://www.otomotifnet.com/otoweb/in...t/0/0/1/7/6338

"Mazda Sales Thailand will launch the budget Mazda 2 in the fourth quarter and Ford Thailand to launch the Fiesta in the first quarter next year. " (Translated to English)
    - http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2510935/

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Simultaneous unveiling of the USDM Fiesta and the ASEAN Fiesta...
    USDM Fiesta

Its powered by a 119hp 1.6 liter Ti-VCT engine.
    The new 6-speed Powershift transmission for gasoline engines also makes its "Ford" debut in the USDM Fiesta. The model with the Powershift transmission can get 40mpg highway.

ASEAN Fiesta (Thailand International Motor Expo)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Video: Ford Fiesta ASEAN debut at the Thailand International Motor Expo
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXm6cyCt83M"]YouTube- Ford Fiesta ASEAN debut at the Thailand International Motor Expo[/ame]
    Forward the video to the 2:50 mark to see the car.

Thailand 2010 Fiesta employee preview event
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZC6dgpNC6E"]YouTube- Ford Thailand 2010 Fiesta employee preview event[/ame]
    Last edited by AG4; December 12th, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    1st quarter ng 2010?

I think we're going to get a car for my mom next year sa panahong iyan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    1st quarter ng 2010?
    Yes, no specific date, but it should be out sometime in the 1st Quarter of 2010.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    The Motor Report:

2010 Ford Fiesta ECOnetic Review … on the day that Toyota rolled its first hybrid Camry off its Altona production line last week, Ford launched Australia’s most fuel-efficient car - the Fiesta ECOnetic.

And, as many of you will know, there is not a lithium-ion battery nor electric motor in sight.

Ford’s Fiesta ECOnetic simply relies on a super-efficient diesel engine, a unique transmission with tweaked final-drive ratios, low rolling-resistance tyres and a bit of fiddling with the ride height and basic aerodynamics to take the bacon.

In fuel efficiency, with an official fuel economy rating of 3.7 l/100km, the Fiesta diesel is a mile ahead of the much larger Camry Hybrid. It also pips the Prius at the post. So, who needs the technical complexities of tandem drive and a battery pack when a simple but very clever oil-burner can whip ‘em?

Even in CO2 emissions, the ECOnetic is the first ‘conventional-engined’ car in the Australian market to come in under the magic 100g/km, sneaking in with 98g/km. This compares with the MINI Cooper D’s 104g/km - which is next best of the conventional brigade - and the Pruis with top spot, emitting just 89g/km.

Yes, we tried it, and it works. Driving to maximize fuel efficiency but covering a mix of roads and conditions, including a relatively light urban commute (through Canberra) and a longish stint through the ranges north of the national capital, we recorded a planet friendly 3.1 l/100km.

The consumption of the Fiesta ECOnetic, with urban cycle fuel consumption of 4.6 l/100km and a highway cycle figure of a mind-bending 3.2 l/100km, is little short of astonishing. But perhaps more surprising is the way it performs.

Forget pre-conceived notions about how a ‘fuel-miser’ is supposed to drive. The Fiesta sacrifices nothing at the wheel in delivering its extraordinary economy figures. If anything, for its tractable, effortless and under-stressed diesel power, the ECOnetic is the pick of the Fiesta stable for performance.

So, here is your car if saving the planet is on top of your “to do” list today.

The seats are good, not especially ‘grippy’, but comfortable and well shaped (at least for this frame).

And, as we’ve noted in earlier reviews, access to both front and rear is good with quite long doors tucked into its swoopy but compact dimensions. Boot space with all seats in place is limited, but the split-folding seats add versatility and a lot of extra cargo room when needed.

It can carry four adults in comfort and with reasonable leg-room, five at a stretch for shorter trips (three kids will have no trouble fitting across the back). No doubt many of us are praying for the day when we see more cars like the Fiesta ECOnetic doing the school run and less gargantuan four-wheel drives.

More to the point, here is your car if you simply don’t like fuel bills but want a small car that looks good and performs well.

The ECOnetic’s standard specification is a grab-bag of what’s available on other Fiesta models in the range. Air-conditioning is offered as standard, along with a trip computer, cruise control and electric front windows.

The rear windows wind up manually, but, unlike the CL, the ECOnetic features the same six-speaker premium sound system as the LX and Zetec.

The head-unit incorporates an AM/FM tuner and a single-disc CD player, which can read MP3 file formats. A 3.5mm auxillary audio jack and a USB input for external music players are provided, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls are standard.

If anything, perhaps because it sits a little lower, it seems to sit a little flatter when being pushed. We had it nowhere near its outer margins of performance, we were driving to stretch the economy, but we have no reason to doubt that it would be a near match point-to-point, perhaps quicker, than its petrol-engined confrers.

Like nearly all modern diesels, it really hauls through the midspeeds if you tap those 200Nm on the shoulder. For overtaking, or for driving with a load up, few in the class will come near to matching it.

Though it can be rowed along and snapped through the five-speed transmission, the real story is in its remarkable consumption figures. When on the road, either on city streets or the highway, it seems to use no fuel.

It is so good it starts to mess with the head. Few drivers will be able to resist the challenge of trying to stretch it out - it becomes a battle with the car: “How low can this little jigger go?”

THE VERDICT:

If you were to think that the Fiesta ECOnetic was all about its astonishing fuel efficiency, and nothing else, you would be mistaken.

It’s a Fiesta, and it drives like one. That means superb balance, brilliant underpinnings, precision at the wheel, and willing performance.

As we have noted in previous reviews, the Fiesta is the benchmark for the light car sector in handling. In manual form, petrol or diesel (the ECOnetic is currently available only in manual), it is a responsive and enjoyable steer. (It remains such a pity that the petrol auto lets the team down with a struggling 1.4 litre and off-the-pace automatic.)

If the Powershift twin clutch auto-shifting transmission makes it into the ECOnetic as some reports suggest, it will be a world-beater. End of story.

URL: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/476...-review/#title

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Here's crossing my fingers that Ford will bring the econetic variant here. And hopefully not too expensive please. Add an option for an automatic transmission and improve the folding capability (flat fold like yaris, jazz) of the 2nd row seats for better cargo space, and that will cover everything I want in a subcompact car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I'm quite interested with the upcoming ford fiesta particularly the ECOnotec model for a reliable & economical daily drive. Searched the driver reviews and I find some here: http://www.roadtestreports.co.uk/roa...s/Ford/Fiesta/

I can see quite plenty of owner's negative comments.
    I hope that all faults brought up by those owners were all fixed for the variants that will be brought here.

I hold my opinion until units are here & done test drive.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Check this clip below. Hilarious! haha...makes you think twice about british humor, doesn't it? hehehe...nevertheless, i love Jeremy and the whole Topgear team! a car chase in a mall?! a stint with the Royal Marines? Only Topgear can do that hahaha! absolutely superb[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQPqVvUMCQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQPqVvUMCQ[/ame] my friends!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
All-new 2008 Ford Fiesta hatchback