New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Bumping......

Any news when they will (if) they bring this to the Philippines? I want one (I am a sucker for small hatches) maybe for my wife.
    I saw in a local newspaper just 1 or 2 weeks ago, that Auto Alliance Thailand, the plant that will assemble fiestas for SEA and other regions, will begin exporting fiestas next year.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lamborghinione View Post
    I saw in a local newspaper just 1 or 2 weeks ago, that Auto Alliance Thailand, the plant that will assemble fiestas for SEA and other regions, will begin exporting fiestas next year.
    Here's a similar article from the Bangkok Post...

[size=5]AAT opens $500M compact car plant[/size]
    Ford-Mazda venture plans for global hub

RAYONG : Auto Alliance Thailand (AAT), the 50-50 joint venture of Ford Motor and Mazda Corp, opened its new $500-million compact car plant yesterday aimed at positioning Thailand as a global manufacturing hub for the two international automakers.
    Once operational in the fourth quarter, AAT's production capacity will increase to 275,000 units per year from 175,000. The new plant, which will primarily serve export markets, will initially produce the Ford Fiesta and Mazda2 compact cars as well as supplement existing production of Ford Ranger and Mazda BT-50 pickup trucks.

The new models will be exported across ASEAN, as well as to Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. AAT exports to more than 130 markets.
    whole article: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/...pact-car-plant
    Last edited by AG4; July 20th, 2009 at 07:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Seems we will get in then sometime in 2010. Gonna get one (hopefully they have an automatic with paddle shifters as well).

Would be very interesting to compare it against the 1.5 Jazz.
    Possible hatchback showdown in 2010: Fiesta vs Mazda 2 vs facelifted Jazz vs 2010 Yaris(with idle stop function) vs 2010 swift.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mauuna muna ang Mazda2..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i did a quick evaluation of the fiesta recently including the next possible possible fiesta or focus sedan. love the exterior. interior looks good, except the big pieces of plastics on the dash. the stylish steering wheel was made of hard plastic and did not felt right. the middle dash section makes me think of transformers somehow. i was informed on the sedan that the designs may not be the final one. i think the fiesta hatchback will be a hit.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MXFX View Post
    i was informed on the sedan that the designs may not be the final one. i think the fiesta hatchback will be a hit.
    The Fiesta sedan was already launched in China...
    Ford Fiesta Ghia sedan

...aside from minor trim changes between markets (and in the case of the US, different bumpers and a bigger grill), styling is pretty much final.
    USDM Fiesta Sedan
    Last edited by AG4; July 22nd, 2009 at 05:56 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PANGIT!!! Definitely the hatchback looks way better!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Agree with tidus.....

Not feeling the fiesta sedan, looks like.....ugh, cant really determine. But its fugly, seriously.

If that would be released here, its price tag SHOULD be 600-700k only, making the price tag above 800k is quite unfair, especially with its ugly looks.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    the sedan i saw was sleeker so i guess i looked at a future focus or just purely a model.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Eto ang Fiesta Sedan sa China:

http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200901/53962-1.html

http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200901/53962-2.html

Ok din pala sya at available in 1.5 at 1.3 liter,magandang katapat to ng Vios at City!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
All-new 2008 Ford Fiesta hatchback