New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Guess the other private owners were just imagining the smelling the exhaust fumes ...
    I wouldn't rule out regulatory capture, but it's the NHTSA themselves who ruled it not a problem.

Other sources:

U.S. closes Ford SUV exhaust odor probe without seeking recall | Reuters

Just a moment...

NHTSA Closes Investigation into Ford Explorer Exhaust Leaks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Planning to change the mags and tires with the same size but the tires a bit wider at 50/265/R20. Will there be a significant change in the ride? Will the warranty be voided? Thanks

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    Planning to change the mags and tires with the same size but the tires a bit wider at 50/265/R20. Will there be a significant change in the ride? Will the warranty be voided? Thanks
    Yes, it will void the warranty. The extent of which depends on the Dealer but usually anything with regards to suspension and ride will be void.

Best to keep the stock mags and tires and replace it every time you go for PMS or claiming warranty.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Yes, it will void the warranty. The extent of which depends on the Dealer but usually anything with regards to suspension and ride will be void.

Best to keep the stock mags and tires and replace it every time you go for PMS or claiming warranty.
    I agree. Enhancements will void the warranty.

I remember asking the dealer if I can install speakers for the third row seats since may nakaabang naman at ang sabi ay "sorry sir but ma vo-void ang warranty nyo"

In case of doubt, ask the dealer nalang para sigurado and if sabihin nila na hindi ma void ang warranty, have them put this in writing ....... and then share it here

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    I agree. Enhancements will void the warranty.

I remember asking the dealer if I can install speakers for the third row seats since may nakaabang naman at ang sabi ay "sorry sir but ma vo-void ang warranty nyo"

In case of doubt, ask the dealer nalang para sigurado and if sabihin nila na hindi ma void ang warranty, have them put this in writing ....... and then share it here
    Good advise. Ang alam ko last time I asked for my previous Everest warranty is voided if it is related to the modification. Other warranties are intact. That was for my 2013 Everest though wherein I had a video head unit installed.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Normally i'd say car warranties are over-rated.

But since its a ford, keep the warranty as long as possible. Hehehe

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Normally i'd say car warranties are over-rated.

But since its a ford, keep the warranty as long as possible. Hehehe

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Tama! Although I didn't have any major problems with my 2013, 2016 Everest, hopefully this 3rd one won't be the exception. keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Just came from the Casa. Warranty will not be voided if tires and rims will be changed. They have in house Fuel mag wheels and tires in the CASA just in case you want to modify your ride.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    Just came from the Casa. Warranty will not be voided if tires and rims will be changed. They have in house Fuel mag wheels and tires in the CASA just in case you want to modify your ride.
    But you have to get these in-house? Or can you get these from any other third party seller?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    But you have to get these in-house? Or can you get these from any other third party seller?
    Third party seller is OK accdg to my agent.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast