New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    they probably don't have a chinese factory for the 6sp torq converter..
    Actually, the 6 speed 6F15 transmission used in the Focus Ecoboost is sourced in China. Using CVT... another cost-cutting measure maybe...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I've been searching for info on the JX4G15C6L but couldn't find much, where did you see the info regarding the aluminum block? I just found basic info on the standard JX4G15 co-developed by AVL (Austrain company)
    44 - 知乎 well atleast google translate implies it to be the case

Google tagged the JX4G15 engine as a 4G15, so now many recent articles say it's a Mitsubishi engine, even if it's totally different.
    Layout is similar to the Ford and Mazda engines with the exhaust at the back and intake facing the radiator. Unlike Ford's 1.5, this I believe has a timing chain like Mazda's 1.5/1.6 and the bigger Duratec/MZR engines.
    it doesnt help that JMC did use a mitsubishi engine in the landwind x7 where the ford gtdi engine debuted in a refresh model so the 1.5 gets tagged as a mitsubishi as well

Landwind X7 will launch on the Chinese car market in August - CarNewsChina.com

All jx4g15 photos i could find are hidden by engine covers

EDIT: Landwind did use the 4G15T and the JX4G15 both at the same time in the Landwind Xiaoyao:
    现在有一个7万就能买跨界SUV的机会,你珍惜不珍惜!_陆风

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    CVT is by Punch Powertrain (A Belgian company now part of the Chinese Yinyi Group).

Punch Powertrain also supplies transmissions to Hyundai, Geely and used to supply to BMW for the older MINI models with a CVT.
    MINI's brief 1st & last CVT try was under ZF which Aisin ATs replaced. Punch took over ZF Getriebe N.V. Sint-Truiden's CVT division after.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    This is why the Focus is dead in the Philippines. After the DCT problem, turbo engine issues naman. Not everyone takes care of their cars well, so if a car needs to be babied to last long, chances are it won't.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Lack of marketing too. Ford ph gave up on the Focus and Fiesta even before they were released here. Nawalan na ng gana. Even the sales agent didn't have a f***in clue that they were selling the focus when I asked back in 2017. I guess its easier for them to sell SUVs.

But, for example, Subaru's turbo engines have longer history of failures. Strangely, they're still pretty popular especially the WRX.
    It might all boil down to Filipino's preference to Japanese cars rather than American ones.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Lack of marketing too. Ford ph gave up on the Focus and Fiesta even before they were released here. Nawalan na ng gana. Even the sales agent didn't have a f***in clue that they were selling the focus when I asked back in 2017. I guess its easier for them to sell SUVs.

But, for example, Subaru's turbo engines have longer history of failures. Strangely, they're still pretty popular especially the WRX.
    It might all boil down to Filipino's preference to Japanese cars rather than American ones.
    I talked to a sales agent around that time, and they were indeed focusing more on SUVs and pickups because that's where the demand was. The Fiesta and Focus were developed in Germany and was and still is very popular in Europe where people don't seem to care about rear legroom.

I have a feeling more sedans will eventually exit the local market in the next few years. Focus and Lancer are out, and Toyota is slowly familiarizing people with the idea of a Corolla SUV. lol

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    44 - 知乎 well atleast google translate implies it to be the case
    Just checked it out, it does seem readable. lol

All jx4g15 photos i could find are hidden by engine covers
    Yes, the Territory engine... entire engine bay is covered like a luxury car.

Here's the link if the photo is not showing: https://car3.autoimg.cn/cardfs/produ...G33tRYM531.jpg
    Last edited by AG4; July 18th, 2020 at 11:29 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I talked to a sales agent around that time, and they were indeed focusing more on SUVs and pickups because that's where the demand was. The Fiesta and Focus were developed in Germany and was and still is very popular in Europe where people don't seem to care about rear legroom.

I have a feeling more sedans will eventually exit the local market in the next few years. Focus and Lancer are out, and Toyota is slowly familiarizing people with the idea of a Corolla SUV. lol
    Yes. Elantra parang patay na ba? I've don't hear much from it. Yung newly released Kia Forte pustahan short-lived lang yan.

Ang tumatagal lang talaga dito sa atin yung Civic which I've noticed is something of a looker for its price (the 1.8L at least). List of features sa brochure, perceived brand reliability and pa pogi looks pa rin habol ng mga pinoy. Yung new Mazda 3 kasi, sobrang mahal na. The Corolla Altis, strangely enough it doesn't seem to be as popular as the Civic but maybe because the Civic offers a better package.

Sayang, end of an era na siguro talaga to. Puro SUV at crossover na talaga tayo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Yes. Elantra parang patay na ba? I've don't hear much from it..
    SE know better about ilan-tara...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Just checked it out, it does seem readable. lol

Yes, the Territory engine... entire engine bay is covered like a luxury car.

Here's the link if the photo is not showing: https://car3.autoimg.cn/cardfs/produ...G33tRYM531.jpg
    managed to find a bare picture but its for the S330

if that wont load :
    依靠自身力量 中國品牌1.5T發動機(下) - 每日頭條
    it has a :
    1490cc 79 bore 76 stroke
    9.42:1 CR

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    managed to find a bare picture but its for the S330
    依靠自身力量 中國品牌1.5T發動機(下) - 每日頭條
    Yes, I saw those same pics of the JX4G15 at Autohome when they did a detailed look into the engine and compared it to the 1.5 EcoBoost of the Focus/Kuga/Escape.
    Last edited by AG4; July 19th, 2020 at 12:04 AM.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast