New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Mga sir question lang po?Same po ba transmission ng ford focus and ford fiesta? Powershift? My problem kasi a/t ng fiesta especially in traffic condition. Twice ko na calibrate ecu sa sa casa.TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    Mga sir question lang po?Same po ba transmission ng ford focus and ford fiesta? Powershift? My problem kasi a/t ng fiesta especially in traffic condition. Twice ko na calibrate ecu sa sa casa.TIA
    Yes. But calibration is different. It feels a bit more responsive, but when hot, same banana.

The latest software build feels better. The Sport Plus Fiesta and the Focus both have less hesitation than the old Fiesta Sport, but it's still there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yeah, but its quite difficult.
    Different time of day, different traffic
    Different lane, different behavior etc.
    Maraming variables.
    Pero most likely, 2.0L = 6-7km/l.
    1.6L = 8-9km/l

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The reason the 2.0 gets better economy on the highway is direct injection. This allows the engine to run leaner at lower rpm.

Leaner=less fuel. It an use less fuel because direct injection allows you to shoot a tiny amount of fuel straight at the spark plug during low load / low rpm situations instead of having to spray more fuel in the intake manifold to ensure enough will be around the spark plug to keep it from burning out.

And the 1.6 liter engine is undersized for the car. This means you will need more revs and gas to get up to speed. The 2.0, on the other hand, is effortless.

Because of those factors, I'd expect the 2.0 to be a tad more economical in traffic, too. Will find out soon enough. I've already done a long-term test of the 1.6, and while economy on the highway is decent, 7 km/l is what you can expect in traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I really find the new Ford Focus a relatively good buy, new technology, although the Dart Vadrish front facia is something to get used to - it is polarizing.

A little OT, I found this accessory from the TH site originally, but you can get after market.

2012-up Ford Focus High Power LED Daytime Running Lights

If I had the dough I would get this car, bang for the peso with its features.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I must be doing something wrong. My old 2.0 focus gets 7km/l. I must get the ranger.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Own a mk3. Sobrang layo ng difference ng city at hi-way driving consumption. But still, nasa driving habit lng talaga.

CITY: 7-8 KM/L
    HI WAY: 15-16KM/L

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Because of those factors, I'd expect the 2.0 to be a tad more economical in traffic, too. Will find out soon enough. I've already done a long-term test of the 1.6, and while economy on the highway is decent, 7 km/l is what you can expect in traffic.
    7 km/L in city driving conditions? Pretty awful, that's 1.8/2.0 territory already.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Just got myself a 1.6 Trend Focus, it's averaging 7-8km/liter city driving but it's less than 1000km pa lang. It's ok to expect that this will improve naman siguro after break in right?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotus View Post
    Just got myself a 1.6 Trend Focus, it's averaging 7-8km/liter city driving but it's less than 1000km pa lang. It's ok to expect that this will improve naman siguro after break in right?
    Yup. My Ranger averaged 9.3 km/L mixed driving on its first 5,000 KM, now it's doing a little over 10 km/L at 9,300 km.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2012 Ford Focus 2.0 real world fuel consumption/pros and cons