New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yup. My Ranger averaged 9.3 km/L mixed driving on its first 5,000 KM, now it's doing a little over 10 km/L at 9,300 km.
    Whew. I am on the same predicament as Fotus. The most economical I've reached with our 600km 1.6 Focus AT is only 8.67 km/L ( city-highway driving). Even observed that FC improved when I drove it in 2200 to 2500 rpm than driving it in steady 2000 rpm.This is quite alarming because I have been driving our 03 manual CRV on the same route with 10km/L. Hope everything improves after 5000km.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotus View Post
    Just got myself a 1.6 Trend Focus, it's averaging 7-8km/liter city driving but it's less than 1000km pa lang. It's ok to expect that this will improve naman siguro after break in right?
    Sir, ask ko lang po kung ano na po nakukuha nyo na fuel consumption? And wala po ba kayo naexperience na problem sa transmission? Nagorder po aki trend hatchback pero wala pa yung color na gusto ko.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    US forums say much about the faulty/noisy 6speed Powershift transmission of Focus models. Was this experienced by any Focus buyer here in the PH?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoots View Post
    US forums say much about the faulty/noisy 6speed Powershift transmission of Focus models. Was this experienced by any Focus buyer here in the PH?

I drive a Focus 2.0 Sport, I can agree to the 6 Speed Powershift Transmission being noisy, but not really faulty. It's a bit
    jerky and irritating in Metro Manila traffic specially after driving other vehicles with normal a/t transmissions. But once I adjust
    the way I step on the gas pedal, most of the jerk is eliminated. There's a certain way to drive this car. I guess it's irritating
    for most but I can live with it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    I drive a Focus 2.0 Sport, I can agree to the 6 Speed Powershift Transmission being noisy, but not really faulty. It's a bit
    jerky and irritating in Metro Manila traffic specially after driving other vehicles with normal a/t transmissions. But once I adjust
    the way I step on the gas pedal, most of the jerk is eliminated. There's a certain way to drive this car. I guess it's irritating
    I am driving the new Fiesta and for the most part the jerkiness is also present as they share the same transmission with the Focus. As for noisiness I am not sure as I do not hear any noise except when I gas the pedal hard.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Also test drove the Focus 2.0S and hardly noticed the jerkiness. You're right, the jerkiness may just be on the way the driver steps on the gas pedal. What some US customers reported though are cases of grinding noise and vibration of the Focus' Powershift. But that's 2013 pa. I am assuming Ford has already corrected this with the new models released here in the ASEAN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2012 Ford Focus 2.0 real world fuel consumption/pros and cons