New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Nissan terrano? Or better frontier?

May supposedly local units of surf and terrano sa sulit e. Yung plate numbers naman nila ay C, W, X or U, not the surplus R and B. I am leaning more on these 2 now kasi i am thinking na in case i need to spend the night i can always lay a sleeping bag or mat at the back. Aalisin ko yung back seat if they are not fold and tumble type. Di kasi ako magpapatayo ng house sa farm, just a nipa hut with a toilet.
    Isuzu Fuego sir wala magkasya sa budget? But okay na okay nga 95-97 hilux. Sulit yan.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I take the Frontier. TD27 and QD32 are both timing gears so you almost dont have to worry with the engine, plus D22 i guess is still in production so no probs with parts..

I suggest put up a semi-concrete house something you could put a temporary roof and awning. Nipa huts are good only for 2-3yrs depending pa how infested with termites the area. Or if you enjoy camping, the pickup bed is a perfect spot.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My friend uses a Frontier 4x4 for his ponds in Bulacan and Pangasinan. He's happy with it. Ranger and Dmax of course are good choices just as well. Sa speed though, mabibitin ka sa Frontier kung sanay ka na sa CRDi intercooler turbo diesels.

As for the Sport Trac. Okay siya sana pang weekend toy but reliability at this age becomes suspect already. Our family has a 1998 Ford Exped with 150,000kms on the odo and from time to time, nasisira na din in spite of regular maintenance. It doesn't leave us stranded but i don't have peace of mind if i were to drive it out on long drives the way i do with our LC, Hiace or my Altis (travel at night, go on back roads, etc.).

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    If you are willing to pay for gas I would recommend getting an 98-02 F150
    Its a proper truck
    It will have more parts because it shares many parts with the expedition
    You can get one for under 400k
    Parts prices are comparable to an accord
    and it glides on the highway

Something like this
    1998 Ford F150 For Sale - Secondhand For Sale Philippines - 34536664

I have an 02 expedition with 140k and its reliability has been top notch, admitedly more expensive to maintain than the average jap car

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've looked at the f150 last october, unfortunately it will not fit in my parking space.

Kanina i saw a terrano so i pointed it out to my wife. Sabi nya, "E kung bumili ka na lang ng bago, ganun o!", pointing to a new blue ford ranger wildtrak! Wooooh!!!
    Sabi ko, "mahal e, more than 1.5M." Sagot nya, "tapos naman na yung starex saka yung isang house natin, kaya mo naman ang brand new." I am being tempted!

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Nissan terrano? Or better frontier?
    I had 2 Nissan Frontiers before. All of which are 4x4's. And one thing I can say about the engine and 4x4 system is that it is a big piece of crap. They are the worst 4x4's I've ever come across.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I've looked at the f150 last october, unfortunately it will not fit in my parking space.

Kanina i saw a terrano so i pointed it out to my wife. Sabi nya, "E kung bumili ka na lang ng bago, ganun o!", pointing to a new blue ford ranger wildtrak! Wooooh!!!
    Sabi ko, "mahal e, more than 1.5M." Sagot nya, "tapos naman na yung starex saka yung isang house natin, kaya mo naman ang brand new." I am being tempted!
    Ayan naman pala e. Pumayag na si commander para sa kumuha ng bnew hehe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    May 2006

brandnew na yan fafa yebo samantalahin na baka magbago pang isip

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    I had 2 Nissan Frontiers before. All of which are 4x4's. And one thing I can say about the engine and 4x4 system is that it is a big piece of crap. They are the worst 4x4's I've ever come across.
    Sir anong naging problema nung 4x4 nyo? Curious lang. Tnx!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    brandnew na yan fafa yebo samantalahin na baka magbago pang isip
    E kaso i would rather wait for the new everest. Kaya 2nd hand hanap ko ibenta ko din paglabas ng new eve. My wife actually told me yesterday i can even get a LC but on the condition we sell the GS. Ayaw ko naman at very practical ang GS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast