New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sad to say but you have a lemon sir..
    be ready with your looooooooooong patience cause it will be tried to the max .. goodluck.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can elevate your complaint to FGP and ask them to verify the delivery date of the vehicle in question if you're unsure of whether it was damaged goods or not.

-

You might want to also ask around at http://forum.fordclubph.com to see if anyone else has similar experiences. We haven't seen anything of this kind for the TDCi before. We know of two turbo failures, but one was a flooded vehicle (might be solenoid for VGT) and the other was likely an abuse issue (was covered under warranty).

Don't know much about the PCM on the new TDCi, as it's a different unit from the PCM on the previous TDCi MT (different manufacturer, too).

-

I'd only accept the vehicle back if they could show, for sure, that the problem was the PCM.... since PCM issues are very rare. I've met people who've had PCM failures (various makes) and had them replaced, and even up to the second or third owner, they don't show up again.

If it's not the PCM and it's a problem with the wiring, then you shouldn't accept it... as wiring problems almost never go away (from bitter experience with my flooded Sentra) as there are parts of the wiring harness that are almost completely inaccessible, and it's hard to diagnose these.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    i've already contacted Ford Group Philippines... they're the ones giving me a diesel automatic loaner later...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hindi pala napasa yung law na yon.

grabe that really is a lemon unit.

The best option probably would be to go to DTI

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    wow that must had been a horrible experience...esp. fm. a brand new car. what a great way of Ford to ruin your Focus TDCi experience... do let us know how it turns out.

ask how can the PCM (aka ECU or computer box) fail in such a short period of time, didn't they do reliability testing?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    they're ordering a PCM from Thailand... but i told them that i don't want that unit anymore....
    I'm gonna try to talk later to the DTI officer here in Tarlac and ask for help regarding this later....

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    baka nabaha yung unit na yan or Lemon talaga...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hope you've already conveyed your decision to Ford in writing (re: non-acceptance of the unit). Yes, there is no lemon law, but our Civil Code provisions on Sales imposes an obligation on the seller to warrant that the thing sold is free from hidden defects. In this case, there can be no doubt that the defects you experienced with your car manifested only within 2 weeks of delivery, which defects posed serious safety concerns for you and any passengers you may be carrying at that time.

Don't wait. Get your lawyer to file the case fast and you'll get your new car in a jiffy.

HTH!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    my brother in law just bought ford focus....nung sat lng nya nakuha...wala pa naman sya nakikitang problem...pero i warned him na about FORD kya... magsisisi sya if ever my mangyrai sa new car nya. he choosed focus kc sa sobrang baba ng downpayment 90K lng.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    my aunt had a similar steering scenario sa brand new escape and she wanted it to be replaced but instead pina upgrade nalang sa kanya to a higher trim (nbx?) and the problem is still there... nakarating sa media ang problema, she got her refund

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
13 Day Old Brand New Ford Focus TDCi Just Died