New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Are there any 24-hr restaurants/bars in Mall of Asia fronting Manila Bay? That is a good place to spend some hours in between flights....

6220:foryou:

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Are there any 24-hr restaurants/bars in Mall of Asia fronting Manila Bay? That is a good place to spend some hours in between flights....

6220:foryou:
    Good idea......Any of you guys (or gals) know the answer? Help....my next trip is looming ever closer.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Good idea......Any of you guys (or gals) know the answer? Help....my next trip is looming ever closer.
    At Mall of Asia, there are no 24 hr establishments there. Maybe along Roxas Blvd. but I'm not sure. I'll check for you if ever I pass by anywhere near the area. AFAIK, Aristocrat Restaurant is open 24 hrs. There's Shakey's across the park on the side of Aristocrat but I'm also not sure if it's open 24 hrs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not just hole up at one of the better motels in Pasay?... a comfy bed, hot shower, cable TV and hot food available thru room service.

It might cost somewhat but it would be safe and very comfy.

Victoria Court is one of the better ones.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at that time (12:30am arrival) you will probably get out the airport after an hour (so that about 1:30-2am)... between 2am to 6am (barely 4 hours to waste) ... Airforce One / Flight 168(???) would be the next best thing ... their waiting lounge would be "quiet" enough for a few bottles of beers alone ... plus you have the extra option of their "other Services" - probably will cost you some P3000 to 5000 depending on your capacity.

Realistically, a quick nap on the motels in Pasay (Victoria Court) would be a good cheap option - probably less than P1000 for that 3 or 4 hours with an order of beer and pulutan.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    at that time (12:30am arrival) you will probably get out the airport after an hour (so that about 1:30-2am)... between 2am to 6am (barely 4 hours to waste) ... Airforce One / Flight 168(???) would be the next best thing ... their waiting lounge would be "quiet" enough for a few bottles of beers alone ... plus you have the extra option of their "other Services" - probably will cost you some P3000 to 5000 depending on your capacity.

Realistically, a quick nap on the motels in Pasay (Victoria Court) would be a good cheap option - probably less than P1000 for that 3 or 4 hours with an order of beer and pulutan.
    .......sorry for being a dummie, but I've only just discovered what AirForce One is! Thanks guys.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hey Fozzi Bear, just an update Shakey's infront of the old domestic airport is 24 hours now.

Also, please take note of the following the next time you arrive here in Manila:

All PAL Express and Air Philippines flights depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3.

All Philippine Airlines Domestic and lnternational flights remains to depart and arrive from the Centenial Terminal 2.

Beginning this Friday August 1 2008, all Cebu Pacific Air Domestic and lnternational flights depart and arrive from the new Terminal 3.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks for the update on the opening of Terminal 3 (about time!!!!)...

excuse me from asking further dummie questions....but....

How far is Airforce 1 from terminal 3?
    Assuming I get there in 1 piece (and survive), when I come to leave at 5.45am, how easy or difficult will it be for me to get a cab back to the terminal? I don't relish the thought of being stranded in downtown Manila with my suitcase under my arm at 6am....if you get where i'm coming from.

Incidentally, anyone know if the new terminal 3 has any 24hour bars or restaurants operational yet (though probably without the same 'service' as flight 168)?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Assuming I get there in 1 piece (and survive), when I come to leave at 5.45am, how easy or difficult will it be for me to get a cab back to the terminal? I don't relish the thought of being stranded in downtown Manila with my suitcase under my arm at 6am....if you get where i'm coming from.

Incidentally, anyone know if the new terminal 3 has any 24hour bars or restaurants operational yet (though probably without the same 'service' as flight 168)?
    NAIA Terminal 1 is nearest to AirForce 1, around 5 mins by cab. From there you can easily take a cab. Also easy to get a cab from there to any of the airport terminals. BTW, what airline to you use for your Manila to Puerto Princesa flight?

Terminal 3 has NOTHING in it. No place to hang out, to buy food, drinks, even freakin cigarettes! Although I think those conveniences will be added, say another 6 years from now.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

One tip, you can take note of the airport taxi cab telephone number and call them up if you need a ride. Although they are more expensive than regular taxi cabs, they are safe since the cabs routes are closely monitored by their homebase. This is assuming you have a mobile phone with a local simm card.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Somewhere to pass away a few hours