New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I have a question for the Manila locals out there.

I am an English expat, married to a Pilipina who regularly travels (2or 3 times monthly) from Hong Kong to Manila and then onto my 'home' in Palawan to be with my wife and family.
    A new Cebu Pacific service has opened from Guangzhou direct to Manila which is far more convenient for me.

Why am I posting this here I can sense you asking???????

Here is my dilema.....

My flight arrives at 12.30a.m. into NAIA, but my flight to Puerto Princesa leaves from the domestic terminal at 8am (6am check-in).

Is there a convenient bar I can go to (with my carry on luggage) where I can get some food and a few beers, have some friendly conversation, where I can feel SAFE to pass away the 5 hours or so between flights?

This is not a matter of that I don't want to pay out for a hotel, it's more a convenience thing....taxi to my usual hotel (Cherry Blossoms, Ermita), checking in, trying to sleep, checking out, taxi back to the airport....all wastes maybe another 2 hours.
    I hope you get my point here.

All suggestions gratefully received.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is a pizza place across the CEBU PACIFIC / DOMESTIC airport terminal. It's called Shakey's. You can have pizza, some pasta, fried chicken, chips and beer there. I think you can also request them to turn on the TV for you. But I am not sure if the place is open 24/7.

There is also a convienence store beside that restaurant called QUICK STOP. You could buy some items if you forgot any like sunblock, toilet items, etc. This place is open 24/7 but you might be bored after an hour.

Aside from these two, there are a few other bars and such in the same commercial compound.

Just be careful when crossing the street because traffic is a bit fast at that point of the road.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 3rd, 2008 at 12:08 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    inside this establishment you will find some decent bars and if you like to relax theres a massage parlor also named EUTHOPIA.

1600 all the way, bad bad bad

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    There is a pizza place across the CEBU PACIFIC / DOMESTIC airport terminal. It's called Shakey's. You can have pizza, some pasta, fried chicken, chips and beer there. I think you can also request them to turn on the TV for you. But I am not sure if the place is open 24/7.

There is also a convienence store beside that restaurant called QUICK STOP. You could buy some items if you forgot any like sunblock, toilet items, etc. This place is open 24/7 but you might be bored after an hour.

Aside from these two, there are a few other bars and such in the same commercial compound.

Just be careful when crossing the street because traffic is a bit fast at that point of the road.
    Thanks for the info....I'm trying to visualise the area outside the domestic terminal. I remember just 10 days ago when I was there that a long division had been put along the centre of the raod preventing traffic from doing 'U' turns.
    Has this complex got a name or is it sufficient to tell the cab driver 'Domestic Terminal'?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    Thanks for the info....I'm trying to visualise the area outside the domestic terminal. I remember just 10 days ago when I was there that a long division had been put along the centre of the raod preventing traffic from doing 'U' turns.

Has this complex got a name or is it sufficient to tell the cab driver 'Domestic Terminal'?
    It does have a name but I can't remember it right now. But like I wrote, it is directly across the CEBU PACIFIC terminal.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Salem Complex

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It does have a name but I can't remember it right now. But like I wrote, it is directly across the CEBU PACIFIC terminal.
    Actually, the Cebu Pacific GH is referring to is what used to be the terminal. It's now their Airline Operations Center. When you go out of the Arrival area at the old domestic, it should be a little to the left side across the street.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    air force one? :jeanie: :naughty2:
    Last edited by shadow; June 3rd, 2008 at 11:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yup air force one is a good suggestion

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll check them out next time I'm in town in a few weeks time.
    Keep smiling.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Somewhere to pass away a few hours