New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    many of you might have noticed, some may have complained or have concerns about local food. most of the restaurants like jollibee, have most of their food sweet. seems like they can not cook without sugar. even their spaghetti, is very sweet, unlike the real italian spaghetti, you can taste the fresh tomatoes. jollibee spaghetti on the other hand is a diabetes potential
    karate kid restaurant too, have very sweet pork recipes that you can only taste the sugar, not the pork.
    there are a lot more of these sugar restaurants that not only they have very diabetical food but also use MSG which contribute to heart disease and hypertension. whatever happened to good ol' fashioned cooking? you be the judge and post which restaurants you have been to that have sweet food and too sweet beverages. they should leave the taste preference to the diners whether they want the food to be sweet, sour, salty or otherwise. just provide salt, sugar, vinegar and spices to the diner's taste.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mahilig sa matamis ang pinoy

at sa rice

kaya dami may diabetes

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    some diabetes stations:
    dunkin' doughnuts
    j co doughnuts
    red ribbon
    goldilocks
    krispy kreme

take your pick then take your pick of doctors and hospitals. welcome to dialysis world
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; August 5th, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    People tend to go overboard on their sugar intakes, like pairing a sweet donut with softdrinks. Or eating at Mang Inasal for unlimited rice, on a single piece of chicken neck. It's also self discipline.

Too much of a good thing isn't good too.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di lang dialysis, even amputation and blindness are a consequence of diabetes. Bottled juices, ice creams and soft drinks are another source of high calories... A Magnum Bar has 240 calories. I was shocked to find a Krispy Kreme Chiller drink topped with whip cream has over 1000 calories!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

And add to that, no excercise. Konti lakad lang, konti pawis, complain kaagad. I find some of these people jogging in Ayala Triangle amusing. They jog for 30 minutes, the they eat the plates out of Banapple there after.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Di lang dialysis, even amputation and blindness are a consequence of diabetes. Bottled juices, ice creams and soft drinks are another source of high calories... A Magnum Bar has 240 calories. I was shocked to find a Krispy Kreme Chiller drink topped with whip cream has over 1000 calories!
    I never drink those fraps or chocolate drinks (unless it's for free ) Most of those fraps are over 1000 calories. I get itchy when I have those so I know it it super bad.

I really love sweets and can't survive a day without chocolates or pastries I know I have to quit sugar but it's so hard! I'd get headaches and become weak and irritable, so I bought Chromium Picolinate to help lessen the carb cravings. My goal is to be on a very low carb diet, no sugar, no starch and no processed foods. My breakfast, lunch and dinner is almost zero carbs naman, it's my desserts that is the problem

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 5th, 2013 at 09:01 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You're drinking those sugary psuedo tea concoctions.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    But I choose zero sugar. Makes it less evil

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If that thing really had no sugar, you would leave it at the next available trashcan. Those jelly-jelly tapioca balls are about 60% raw sugar.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
philippine foods-diabetes promoter