New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Not sure if this should be here or in the goon squad....

1. Shakeys Greenhills branch. Had dinner there a few weeks ago. Tagal bago lumabas ang food. Had to keep on following up our order. Sa sobrang tagal, nakatulog na ang daughter ko. Baka lampas 30 mins bago lumabas yung pizza.

The best part, after eating, napansin ko ang dami palang maliliit na ipis sa pader at sa sahig. I think eto yung tawag nilang german cockrach. Commonly found in resturants and kitchens. They are very small, smaller than your finger nail. I called the managers attention and wrote it down in the survey form but who knows if they pay attention.

2. :mcdo: megamall ground floor. Asked my daughters yaya to buy 1pc chicken. The cashier charged her for the chicken and extra rice. She did not order the extra rice. I can understand this cause it may be a simple miscommunication. The part I dont get is they dont have rice during Sunday lunch time. These guys deserve an :award:

I'm now getting impatient, went to the counter, I hear the manager yelling at the back. She wants to know why they did not cook rice. I talked to the counter manager. I ask her if they can just give me fries instead of rice. It will take them a long time before the rice gets cooked. She agrees, after giving me the fries, she asks me to pay for it. WTF! They charged us for rice and extra rice which they dont have and she has the freaking gall to ask for more money. :thatsit: I blew up at this point and raised my voice. I demanded a full refund.

Went to Jollibee after getting my refund.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shakeys' ganyan talaga yan... slow ang service...normal ang 45minutes dun. Greenwich mabilis. Cockroach... dapat dito ang sisihin ay ang municipal health...sila nagiissue ng sanitary permit....so malamang they don't inspect it.

mcdo case -- harharhar... dapat kasi hindi na nila ginaya ang jollibee for serving rice.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Regarding roaches, any chef or health inspector will tell you that they are always present in kitchens, even in 3-star Michelin restos. Kahit gaano pa kalinis ang establishment, since may stored food, roaches will inevitably be there.

Medyo pumangit na nga Shakeys nagyon. Yung sa may SM Fairview parang lumang-luma na, and mahina pa ang aircon. Not really conducive for eating.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes. The roaches are usually present. Ang important, their germs do not come into contact with the food or the materials used to prepare the food. Dapat nililinis prior to use.

Shakey's? Grabe ang bagal niyan kahit saang branch. Stopped eating there years ago pa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Ewan ko ba kung ano meron sa Shakeys at ganun talaga katagal sila mag-serve...na kahit dine-in customer ka eh para ka na ding delivery service sa tagal...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    Ewan ko ba kung ano meron sa Shakeys at ganun talaga katagal sila mag-serve...na kahit dine-in customer ka eh para ka na ding delivery service sa tagal...
    Baka after taking the order from the customer, dun palang sila mamamalengke

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang ganun na nga...hehehe.

BTW fan ako ng shakeys...i still like their thin crust pizza more than any of its competitor...hehehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    parang ganun na nga...hehehe.

BTW fan ako ng shakeys...i still like their thin crust pizza more than any of its competitor...hehehe
    before shakeys used to be a good place to be specially with their live bands, pero dumami nagsulputan mga real fast na chinese fastfoods...kaya shakeys was left behind "time is of the essence" ika nga.
    'as for me kung type ko mgpizza and pasta dun na lang sa sbarro mabilis.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shakey's in El Pueblo has still great service. Ok lang ang waiting time nila for the food. Tsaka bago ung branch eh.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    May Shakeys dati just right outside our village. Nagpadeliver kami around 11:30 AM, aba dumating halos 1 PM na! At ang rason nung delivery boy kasi inuna niya yung delivery sa ibang lugar. WTF?! Di na namin tinanggap yung pizza. Sabi namin ibalik niya sa branch nila at tatawagan namin ang manager nila. Ayun, nakatikim sila ng talak mula kay ermats at lola na nasa extension phone, bwahaha! During the succeeding weeks panay ang tawag nila sa 'min na halos magmakaawa nang bumil kami sa kanila. At that point nalulugi na pala sila. In less than a year they closed shop. Ha! Serves them right.

2 bad fastfood joints