The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    here's the scenario:

1. You are rich or potentially rich.

2. You are engaged.

3. You find out from a source that if you weren't rich your fiance would not marry you anymore and find someone else or rather stay alone.

4. She truly loves you but just doesn't want to marry a guy who can't give her a luxurious life.

Would you still marry her?
    kung mahal niya ako (#4) dapat tanggapin niya ako kahit anu pa man.. kung hindi bahala siya sa life niya! marami pang babae sa planet earth

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well...sa ngayon, mayaman ka naman, so walang problem.tha question is "IF" which is not really applicable kasi nga iff lang yun.hehehe

so tuloy ang kasal!!!!!!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kung inamin naman ng girl sayo that she loves you but wouldn't marry if you didn't have the financial capability, well... I'd just attribute this to her being realistic.. (and kinda looking out for her own as well..hehehe)

but then, I'm a sucker for romantic notions and, as cynical as I am, I still believe in finding the right girl who'd love you for whatever you are.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    here's the scenario:

1. You are rich or potentially rich.

2. You are engaged.

3. You find out from a source that if you weren't rich your fiance would not marry you anymore and find someone else or rather stay alone.

4. She truly loves you but just doesn't want to marry a guy who can't give her a luxurious life.

Would you still marry her?
    ______

I think the premise of this question is loaded.

What does "luxurious" refer to? Jaguars, Tiffany diamonds, a 10-bedroom house in Dasma, vacation houses in Baguio-Palawan-Bora, and bi-annual trips to Monte Carlo... then it would be wise to drop her sorry-gold-digging ass.

It would be best to view this in the context of your fiancee's background. Is she just wanting to maintain a lifestyle she has been accustomed to? Or is she driven to want more out of life rather than the financially difficult environment she grew up in?

Rather than relying on a source, have an honest discussion with her about her needs. Good lord, you guys are engaged! Money does matter. It may not be romantic. But it's not romantic when you can't pay your kid's tuition, or you're dining by candlelight because your electricity has been cut off.

As an aside, if her needs for comfort are within the acceptable range, and hey, she's great in the sack, I don't see why you shouldn't give her the life that she wants if you can afford it. As Samantha (from *** in the City) had so aptly put it: "They don't call it a job for nothing." I say she should be duly compensated

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    It is always difficult to judge a person unless you have been in his or her situation. Even more so, and quite unfair, if you do not know the entire circumstances.

I wouldn't assume right away the girl is insincere. Her attitude merely indicates she has other priorities than love. Perhaps she wants to assure herself of a comfortable life, or she wants to be in a position to help her own family. There are simply too many potential factors to conclude one way or another.

That said, what is critical (at least for me) is that she is upfront about it. If she denies it, then the guy has to really think twice about the whole matter.

But if the guy can accept her for who she is and the way she thinks (and all the other things that may be implied - like her possibly running off with a richer guy or leaving him if his loses his wealth), and is basically happy with her, then her attitude shouldn't be a problem.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It's not chismis. Sinabi sayo in a positive way na even though she loves you she won't marry you if you weren't as well off as you are now.
    i don't see anything wrong with this. ibig sabihin mahal ka niya talaga bonus lang na may kaya ka. yun lang yun. wag mo masiyado problemahin.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If you're absolutely certain that your financial status will never deteriorate for the rest of your life (fingers crossed), then go for it.

Just remember that there are still women out there who won't ditch you even if your account balance reaches zero.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hmmmm...could it be that you're the one with issues and not your gf...it's possible...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would thank my lucky stars that i was rich, because it would be the only way that women would like my ugly ass :bwahaha:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    swiss account > *

Edit m54 pics..... :rofl01:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Would you marry a woman if ...