New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    A woman came out of her house and saw three old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them.
    Then she said, “I don’t think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat.”

“Is the man of the house home?”, they asked.
    “No,” she said. “He’s out.”
    “Then we cannot come in,” they replied.

In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened.

So, he said, “Go tell them I’m home, and invite them in!”

The woman went out and invited the men in.
    “We do not go into a house together,” they replied.
    “Why is that?” she wanted to know.

One of the old men explained. “His name is Wealth,” he said pointing to one of his friends, and pointing to another one he said, “This man is Success, and I am Love.” Then he added, “Now, go and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home.”

The woman went in and told her husband what was said.
    Her husband was over-joyed. “How nice!” he said. “Since that’s the case, let us invite in Wealth. Let him come in and fill our home with wealth!”
    His wife disagreed. “Why don’t we invite Success?”

But, their daughter was listening from the corner of the room. She jumped in with her own suggestion. “Wouldn’t it be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!”

The wife agreed. “Then, let us heed our daughter’s advice,” said the husband to his wife. “Go out and invite Love in to be our guest.”

The woman went out and asked the three old men, “Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest.” Love got up and started walking toward the house. Then the other two also got up and followed him.
    Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success, “I only invited in Love, as you directed. Why are you all coming in?”

The old men replied together, “If you had invited only Wealth or Success, the other two of us would have stayed. However, since you invited Love… wherever He goes, we go with him… because wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!”
    If there is love, everything will fall into place. Money cannot buy love and happiness.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pansin ko mahilig si Chilli sa mga feel-good stories...

Usually feel-good stories are only stories...

Most of them do not apply in the real world.

Well, just look at our beloved Philippines.

We have strong family ties. We got better family ties than anyone else in the world.

We have love all over the place.

We have so much love we are throwing up love...

E baket 70% ng tao dito below poverty level?

So those millions of pinoys who are poor have no love in their homes?

I dont think so.

They got more love in their shanty homes than rich people have in their multiple subdivision homes.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Well true bro. mahilig ako sa feel good stories. mahirap kasi mag attract ng negative forces sa buhay natin

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    your in the right track! im with you Bro. Keep it up

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    Well true bro. mahilig ako sa feel good stories. mahirap kasi mag attract ng negative forces sa buhay natin
    a feel good story a day, keep the negative forces away...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If there is love, everything will fall into place. Money cannot buy love and happiness.
    I believe in this. When I was in love I was so happy, I felt like I could conquer the world. I think if I were in love longer, wealth (promotion) would have followed because my crush inspired me and made me a better person. Because of him I came to work early and I was so enthusiastic during meetings with my team.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    When I was young, I thought the same way. When I went out on my own, reality set in. Love doesn't pay the bills.

My mom was unto something when she said to marry some (rich) old hag who was dying soon.

Even my uncle had other pragmatic advice:

It's okay to kiss a** so long as you kiss the right ones.

Real true words of wisdom.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 14th, 2017 at 05:37 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    . Money cannot buy love and happiness.
    but it comes darn close!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    "success is incredibly important, but what is even more important than success is, having an impact-- knowing you haven't walked in the planet in vain, that because you've been here you blessed lives, you developed people, and you have made the world a better place."

"when you're lying in your death bed, you're not gonna worry how much money you have, how much power you have, how much prestige... you'll gonna see it was a just a game, an illusion. the only thing that gonna matters, is the impact you made on other people's lives."

make an impact.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    If there is love, everything will fall into place.
    Parang Wonder Woman a!

And, thanks for sharing bro.JM.....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

32.8K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Wealth, Success and Love