New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    From the day that i propose till the first few months ng planning, 100% sure na ko na gusto ko na magpakasal. Pero habang lumalapit na, nararamdaman ko na yung pressure from family tsaka yung mga tasks ng pagpeprepare na nakakapagod.. Lately ko nalang naisip lahat to (haha.. pasensya na kung may na-offend ako). Kung baga, bigla ko na lang natatanong sa sarili ko if i'm really prepared for this. Di rin naman kasi natin maalis minsan lalo na sa mga major decisions na magkaron ng second thoughts. Pero syempre mahal ko yung girl and i don't wanna end up with someone else, kaya lang pag kinasal ka, narealize ko na hindi lang yung babae pakakasalan mo kundi pati yung family nya and your new obligations.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    What do you mean by losing your freedom?

Freedom from dating other women?

Hmm.. masakit tanggapin pero kasama na yan, hehe. Pero nung di pa naman kami engaged, hindi na ko naging interesado sa ibang babae maski hanggang ngayon.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    i don't know...by that time i had already lost free will and the power of independent thought :uptight:
    Hmm.. sounds interesting

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    One sign that you're ready for marriage is when you don't feel bothered about your freedom anymore. In other words, pag nagsawa ka na sa tinatamasa mong kalayaan sa buhay, its time that someone and something take control of your life.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Maybe you are already ready, but you just have not yet found the right partner to marry.
    Otherwise, I share the sentiments of others in that, if you have doubts at all, you're not yet ready, or not fully committed at all. Of course that means if you do go ahead with it, then you'll probably regret it. Only go through it if and only if you're 100% committed to spending the rest of your entire life with the person you love most.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

With high hopes and aspirations that I'll be a good father and partner in life....

6505:Bath:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jusipus View Post
    Ano mga nararamdaman nyo nung malapit na kayong ikasal, say 8 months before the wedding? Marami din ba kayong naiisip like malapit nang mawala ang freedom mo at gusto mo nang sulitin yung natitirang time before you get married? O kaya naman medyo nagdadalawang isip ka kung gusto mo nga talagang mag-asawa?
    hehe.. ingat sa pagsagot baka masabon kayo ni misis..
    bro, no regrets. ang naglalaro lang sa isip ko ay nerbyos . yup. hindi kasi ako yung taong sanay sa center stage...kaya palaging iniisip ko yung mga taong nakatingin sa amin sa loob ng church at reception.

bro, don't commit if you think marriage equates to loosing your freedom. that only means you are not ready for a lifelong commitment. once married, there are certain things in your life that you will not be able to do, so evaluate those things and see if you can give them up.

in my case for example, now that i am married with one adorable infant son, i can no longer afford to dump my money on my cars. family is my priority. i need to make sure that my family can feed, have a roof above our heads, and can save up for my son's college fund. in short, once you have your own family, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE CHILD/REN AND THE WIFE. before i got married, i've never had to worry about these things. it was all about me, myself, and i. after marriage and when my son was born, i have now taken the back seat. and i have no regrets! nagpakasawa ako noong binata ako.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Having doubts before the wedding day is normal. This is the test of how strong your commitment is and how much you love your wife-to-be.

While it is true that you lose part of yourself when you get married, I can tell you that the benefits outweigh the disadvantages. This is especially true if your fiance is a woman you truly love and want to spend the rest of your life with. Not that spur-of-the-moment thing where you later regret doing this.

Once you have kids, this is the best part!!! Nothing else matters excepts your kids. Kaya medyo mag-tatampo naman ang wife mo. But bringing up your kids, spending time with them, teaching them little things in life, this is what life is about. You will never regret your decision of getting married.

Good luck!!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jusipus View Post
    Ano mga nararamdaman nyo nung malapit na kayong ikasal, say 8 months before the wedding? Marami din ba kayong naiisip like malapit nang mawala ang freedom mo at gusto mo nang sulitin yung natitirang time before you get married? O kaya naman medyo nagdadalawang isip ka kung gusto mo nga talagang mag-asawa?
    hehe.. ingat sa pagsagot baka masabon kayo ni misis..
    mejo delayed post, pero i feel like sharing anyways

i dated my wife for less than a year before we got married. given the short span of time, i never went through the "pre-wedding" jitters, everything happened so quick and "painlessly" hehehe joke. Mabilis lahat mainly because nabunits ko sha hehehe pero i realized a lot AFTER na nung kinasal kami. For example, one of the biggest reasons why i felt no jitters or anxiety is because i knew that she was THE ONE, the very first moment i met her...the physical attraction only followed in distant second. I had been in all types of relationships previously (boring type, high maintenance type, purely physical type, pyscho chick type, paranoid chick type, loooong time type, short time type, etc.) and when i summed them all up, parang nakuntento nako na nadaan ko na lahat. In the end, i feel like i was blessed with the right person...at the right moment. Now, everyday we are getting to know each other much better, and an additional blessing is how much more attractive my wife becomes with each passing day, and we have a beautiful baby girl as well. Ansarap ng feeling. So it's not really about how long you've been together, or if you are financially ready, or whether you have many things you want to experience pa bago magpakasal (like a threesome ) kasi once you've met the right person...AND at the right time in your life...all the rest tend to loose their meaning/essence/relevance kaya buong-buo na talaga luob mu na magpakasal.

p.s
    Tapus pag dating an sa wedding day, yun na! panic mode ng konti kasi wala pa ung ibang guests, ung mali ung order ng food, ung pari late pa, tsk.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    .. Ang pagpapakasal exciting.. ahihihihihi dapat naka focus kalang dun at wag ng kung anu ano pa iisipin baka mabaliw ka nyan.. neway congratz kung sino man ang ikakasal!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Question for married guys