New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    But u can't poop and pee and shower in a van

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    this is a good topic, kami po for now looking ng new lot for our house to build, sani ni wife, to follow na lang ang car, tutal ang car kahit mamaya makakabili tayo, not like house and lot madami kang icoconsider.. kaya unahin muna ang house bago ang car...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    This is the main reason why I sold my Escape and big bike. I have come to realize that it would be best if I pay for the balance of the house now and reduce the earnings of the bank. I have shortened the terms by 4 years and was able to get a significant reduction in interest payments. Its a good thing that my company just gave me a brand new car and it kinda compensates the fact that I lost ownership of two vehicles. Priorities played a big role in my decision making and the fact that I can now rightfully say that the house is mine is an achievement for me.

+1 for the house please. Goodluck to you

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i'll go for the new house first, kasi its a forever shelter.
    you can live without a car, pero mahirap kapag wala kang sariling house.

that's what i did.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dumaan ako sa ganyang dilemna. New car or new house? Eventually namayani yung new house. Nagri-rent lang kami kasi noon. Then yung apt. walang garahe. Sa kalsada lang. Just imagine kung meron kang brand new car, tapos sa kalsada lang naka-park. Andiyan yung sandalan ng mga tao, ihian ng mga aso, gasgasan ng mga inggitero, sasagian ng mga sanggano.

Inuna ko yung bahay. May garahe pa. Safe pa yung car ko.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; April 24th, 2008 at 01:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    New House..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Bahay muna for me. madali ang sasakyan. Kahit hulugan mo in the end sa yo pa rin though mas maige kung cash (ibang usapan naman yun) Sa apartment, sa isang taon pa lang magkano na? But priorities really differ – laging may reason on each end.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    In our case, we got the car first, because we had planned to embark on a business venture that required transportation, and because we anticipated the difficulties of shuttling a pregnant wife from home to work and just about anywhere. We're currently living in my in-laws' house while they're away on weekdays, and they don't mind at all, especially since they now have a grandchild to occupy their spare time with. But we managed to purchase our own lot in another subdivision, and although we figure it might take a while before our own house finally stands there, at least it's a start.

Back to topic, I'm normally against buying a second-hand car, but if it's going to be in favor of a new house, then I think it's more than acceptable. The comfort and security of domicile come first. You can still avail of the convenience of personal transport, although you'll have to wait a little while longer if you want it brand new.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    try a new house (thru pag-ibig) and a new car at the same time.
    if you cannot afford both at the moment, prioritize the house.
    since you are paying your monthly house rental, why not try pag-ibig payable say in 20 years with the monthly amortization amount equivalent to your current rental, at least you'll have the contentment that you'll own the house in a matter of time.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    a new house because it is a need, a car is a want. sabi nga family first before anything else.... mas mapapaligaya mo ang family mo with a brand new house and lot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Need advise: New Car or New House?