New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    [SIZE=3]Hi. I知 quite new here and my apologies for my first post. I know I might sound ridiculous but I really wanted to have a new car. I have sold my old car and I知 setting my sight on owning a brand new unit through bank financing. I have a family with 2 kids, we rent a house and we have all the things that we need. I知 confident too about my finances.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]However, I really cannot reconcile the fact that I should prioritize owning a house for my family (well, I think I answered my own question). But the cost of owning one is too expensive and the only thing I can afford to right now is to own a new family car. Don稚 get me wrong. I thought about this for a long time already and both decisions weigh the same on me. People advised me to just save for a new house. But some said I should try what I can afford at the moment. I also understand the benefits of both owning a car and a house. Both options would also benefit me and my family. But I need some more expert advise especially from those who have gone through the same dilemma. Thanks.[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinder View Post
    [SIZE=3]Hi. I知 quite new here and my apologies for my first post. I know I might sound ridiculous but I really wanted to have a new car. I have sold my old car and I知 setting my sight on owning a brand new unit through bank financing. I have a family with 2 kids, we rent a house and we have all the things that we need. I知 confident too about my finances.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]However, I really cannot reconcile the fact that I should prioritize owning a house for my family (well, I think I answered my own question). But the cost of owning one is too expensive and the only thing I can afford to right now is to own a new family car. Don稚 get me wrong. I thought about this for a long time already and both decisions weigh the same on me. People advised me to just save for a new house. But some said I should try what I can afford at the moment. I also understand the benefits of both owning a car and a house. Both options would also benefit me and my family. But I need some more expert advise especially from those who have gone through the same dilemma. Thanks.[/SIZE]

I think you already answered your question, you can't afford a house yet then new car it is...

but if it's me, then I would buy a new house first, pangit naman na meron ka ngang new spanking car and yet you will just parked it in a rented house, or worse sa street lang...

family first if new house then buong pamilya mo mag enjoy pag new car ikaw lang ang mag enjoy...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I think you already answered your question, you can't afford a house yet then new car it is...

but if it's me, then I would buy a new house first, pangit naman na meron ka ngang new spanking car and yet you will just parked it in a rented house, or worse sa street lang...

family first if new house then buong pamilya mo mag enjoy pag new car ikaw lang ang mag enjoy...
    Thanks for your thoughts. Well, thats +1 for the house

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I bought a house first through loan. When my finances improved, I bought a second hand car. I already paid my housing loan and my finances further improved, I sold my car and bought a brand new car.

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3548[/SIZE]

Our Kia Carens

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Set your priorities straight. A car is a luxury item, a house is a necessity. You can always commute. Sure you could also rent, but renting is expensive over a long period of time. Get a house, then go commute.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i guess many renters go in the direction of buying a new car...

coz i see many new cars parked on the road outside apartments, or in apartment driveways barely big enough to fit 1 car.

Im not sure how the thinking goes...

Is it to enjoy life now?

Coz saving for a house means u sacrifice the enjoyment of owning a new car now.

Knowing how pinoys think, most would enjoy life now and buy a car...

bahala na... sa future nalang ung house... pag nanalo sa lotto hehe

Besides, a new car can do a lot for one's image.

And since pinoys are image conscious...

Most people don't see where u live, but they see what u drive hehe

----------------

Pero kung ako lang, i'll buy a house.

Coz u can't live in a car.

And u can't pay rent forever.

Coz u can't work forever.

Coz our bodies are designed to get sick and get old.

Unless the thinking is: u can always count on your kids to take care of you and pay the rent...

And maybe ur kids will become successful and u buy a house...

Hmmmm....

Buy the car.

HEHEHE
    Last edited by uls; April 24th, 2008 at 12:04 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And thats what makes pinoy and americans (the average type) mediocre financially. They never plan out they always prioritize the present over the future. A car is a depreciating asset its not something that gains over time so pagpasok mo pa lang lugi ka na. Average people think that money is used to buy material things thus inuubos din nila after paycheck on material things and live paycheck after paycheck. They fail to realize that money is also security. Security from other people, security from the uncertainties. Anyone can lose their jobs, if you don't have a cushion to lean on then you're in trouble.... MONEY IS SECURITY and if you remember Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs security ranks second in importance only after physiological needs

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i'll go for the house sir, as been said many times " you can't have your family live in a car" even if it's a multi million car.

Though actually in my case the car got in first , but because of our nature of business required one. Now we're trying to save for a house & lot. (hirap )

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    SIr nasa ganyan dilema di kami si husband wants to have a car na well kong ako namn tatanungin masgusto kng pag ipunan yung pagpapagawa sa bahay for one ang kotse di nman yan nawawla kng may pera madali ng bumili mahirap ang umupa lng kayo ng bahay kasi sayang yung pambayad dun imbis n sa lote o sa bahay yun napupunta panghulog ndin ika nga di mo mamalayan tapos kn plang maghulog eh di may bahay kn, kng kotse nman ok kasi kahit san pwde kayo gumala at tulad ko mas ok n din may car kasi taas ng pamasahe ganun din. Set your priorities mag isip ng pro cons dagdag mo n din ang dasal good luck. Tsaka ang lote pag nagipit k pwdeng sangala di ka lugi sa kotse paglabas ng casa iba n presyo niya di ba po good luck again

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yes you can... if it's a van.

Try to check your financing... how much will getting a new car cost you per month? What are the best terms you can get on a housing loan?

There's always Pag-Ibig benefits to go on, if you're looking for a place to live... but it really depends whether you have the financial capacity to buy a house of the right size in the area where you live/work.

A car really isn't a necessity. If you can stretch for the house, do it! You can always try to find a secondhand that's in better condition than your old car, and possibly more fuel efficient... maybe a secondhand mini-car or subcompact... then save up for the house.

A new car costs a lot. Not just in monthlies, but in regular maintenance (you'll want to keep it under warranty for at least a year or two) and running costs (gasoline? ugh). A house? Aside from house repairs and land tax, it's a simpler ownership proposition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Need advise: New Car or New House?