New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hi peeps, need some suggestions.

i hope that for anyone that doesn't agree with what i'm trying to do would be polite enough to reserve judgement; the Good Book did say, judge not, lest you be judged.

i found out that a cousin of mine is in the process of, or (hopefully not) already in a "christian fellowship" -- note that i added the double quotes since, from what my aunts and uncles have described it to me, sounds like, smells like, and seems like a cult.

Don't get wrong, i don't think it's a doomsday/*** orgy cult, but the way he talks and reasons to us set off a lot of bells in head.

i've heard a few stories where a son or a daughter just "disappeared" and went into these fellowships/cults. Now, if my cousin was an adult, i would just leave him be; he's a college sophomore, and i feel it's an age where kids can still be brainwashed. Which i think is what is happening(or has happened) now.

i know that ultimately, the decision lies with him on which path in life to choose...but i suspect there is some other influence in play. i'm consider myself a Catholic, and i believe people have a choice to their faith...i but also believe that that choice should be a personal one, not just because someone in a fancy suit told you so.

So...how do i go about it? Obviously the out-in-the-open tongue-lashing from my aunts and uncles didn't work...what else can i try?
    Thanks
    Last edited by badkuk; January 22nd, 2011 at 07:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Check on to this "Christian fellowship" by visiting their pastor. Check where do they hold their fellowship. If you think that they are really doing some fellowship, hayaan mo siya. It's just a phase. Basta ba di lang ibenta property nya para ibigay sa fellowship, i think he is ok. Tongue lashing...mas lalo lang siyang mapapalayo sa inyo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Best to ask him about what he is doing. Be genuinely interested in what he is doing. Accompany him if you have to. This way, you really know what he is getting into. Best way to judge is to observe what kind of fruit is coming out of his newfound fellowship. Is it good? Or is it bad? If its good, and he turns out to a better person than before, then why stop him?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Be with him and talk with him.

You might discover the reason why he is doing just that. If it makes real sense to you then, accompany him to his fellowship and assess how good it is for his well-being.

If not, then attempt to talk him out of it, all the time, protecting your bond as cousins.... Maybe, "It's just a stage he's going through,- I think he's just restless for something new...."...

12K:boom:

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Samahan mo para ikaw mismo makita mo kung ano nga, kung yung christian fellowship niya e tipong victory o greenhills christian felowship e ok naman yung mga yun. Pero kung yung pastor e may mahabang balbas at nakaputing daster na may hawak na tungkod e yari nga.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    knock him hard in the head.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Pero kung yung pastor e may mahabang balbas at nakaputing daster na may hawak na tungkod e yari nga.
    Good advice! :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hi peeps, need some suggestions.

i hope that for anyone that doesn't agree with what i'm trying to do would be polite enough to reserve judgement; the Good Book did say, judge not, lest you be judged.

i found out that a cousin of mine is in the process of, or (hopefully not) already in a "christian fellowship" -- note that i added the double quotes since, from what my aunts and uncles have described it to me, sounds like, smells like, and seems like a cult.

Don't get wrong, i don't think it's a doomsday/*** orgy cult, but the way he talks and reasons to us set off a lot of bells in head.

i've heard a few stories where a son or a daughter just "disappeared" and went into these fellowships/cults. Now, if my cousin was an adult, i would just leave him be; he's a college sophomore, and i feel it's an age where kids can still be brainwashed. Which i think is what is happening(or has happened) now.

i know that ultimately, the decision lies with him on which path in life to choose...but i suspect there is some other influence in play. i'm consider myself a Catholic, and i believe people have a choice to their faith...i but also believe that that choice should be a personal one, not just because someone in a fancy suit told you so.

So...how do i go about it? Obviously the out-in-the-open tongue-lashing from my aunts and uncles didn't work...what else can i try?
    Thanks
    doomsday cult ba yan?

does your cousin talk about "the end" or "second coming" a lot?

does your cousin talk about UFOs?

is it a cult where the leader has *** with all the young female members?

is it a cult where your cousin is told leave his/her home and live in the cult's compound?

if the "fellowship" is taking far too much of your cousin's time and having too much influence sa life niya, di na tama yan

look for signs if the cult is similar to Jim Jones' The People's Temple, David Koresh's Branch Davidians, Heaven's Gate

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Pero kung yung pastor e may mahabang balbas at nakaputing daster na may hawak na tungkod e yari nga.

or with this guy..........

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^ Masarap ang mga pulutan niyan...

12K:boom:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
How to "deprogram" my cousin