New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hello Cathy,

A few things:

1. Sa Pinas, flashing of headlamps usually means whoever flashes goes first. Nakakainis minsan sobrang kulit as if to say "do not cut my lane until I'm finally past you" which obviously means they're just too careless folks. Doing this is mostly okay when people are in the wrong spot when trying to either merge, switch lanes, or get in front of you too closely. But when there's still a good distance, that's overkill. Pagbigyan mo na, they probably do not know better. You are in the more rational mind to just let them be and avoid any confrontation.

2. Do not ever go down a vehicle when confronted by one who is obviously raging like that Starex driver. For all you know, he might have a gun and would have killed you on the spot. Never underestimate the amount of aggression other drivers can do, even if you are a female driver, even if your car has dark tint. To them, you might just be anybody, just like you think anybody can be nobody to you. Treat them fairly, but most importantly do not put yourself in harm's way. Stopping at the side of the road provoked them, so next time just avoid them completely. Don't mind if they think "duwag" ka or what. I'd rather be that than somebody who's brave but dead (which usually means stupid too).

3. If your friends tell you that you drive like a bus driver I'm sure they mean many things, but taking it at face value like other replies here is definitely funny considering they actually want you to experience road rage just because you said that. Prove them wrong.

4. Consider it this way, kung mauuna ka, somebody can be more of a threat behind you than he is in front of you. So pagbigyan mo na sila if they want to go ahead. For all I care, take his license plate down and post it here, rather than be in front and let him tailgate you aggressively or try to ram your car off the road.

We all experience road rage. You probably had a bad day, we all go through that. The key is to look forward to those days when you can drive with peace of mind, and get through the day safely.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Havent experienced anything like that. But i rather be passive and diplomatic. Next time let them pass. The problem with some drivers is they treat their vans or suvs as if they are friggign race cars. These people are asking for an accident so next time just let them pass. Don't be a victim of their stupidity.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Hi. Hindi ba nagsi silver yung tint pag tinatamaan ng araw? Gusto ko kasi yung itim na itim.
    That's the black chrome nga but it's not like mirror silver but silver grey lang naman.

Kung all black lang meron din Super Dark/Black from 3M, that's what I'm using .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Hello Cathy,

A few things:

1. Sa Pinas, flashing of headlamps usually means whoever flashes goes first. Nakakainis minsan sobrang kulit as if to say "do not cut my lane until I'm finally past you" which obviously means they're just too careless folks. Doing this is mostly okay when people are in the wrong spot when trying to either merge, switch lanes, or get in front of you too closely. But when there's still a good distance, that's overkill. Pagbigyan mo na, they probably do not know better. You are in the more rational mind to just let them be and avoid any confrontation.

2. Do not ever go down a vehicle when confronted by one who is obviously raging like that Starex driver. For all you know, he might have a gun and would have killed you on the spot. Never underestimate the amount of aggression other drivers can do, even if you are a female driver, even if your car has dark tint. To them, you might just be anybody, just like you think anybody can be nobody to you. Treat them fairly, but most importantly do not put yourself in harm's way. Stopping at the side of the road provoked them, so next time just avoid them completely. Don't mind if they think "duwag" ka or what. I'd rather be that than somebody who's brave but dead (which usually means stupid too).

3. If your friends tell you that you drive like a bus driver I'm sure they mean many things, but taking it at face value like other replies here is definitely funny considering they actually want you to experience road rage just because you said that. Prove them wrong.

4. Consider it this way, kung mauuna ka, somebody can be more of a threat behind you than he is in front of you. So pagbigyan mo na sila if they want to go ahead. For all I care, take his license plate down and post it here, rather than be in front and let him tailgate you aggressively or try to ram your car off the road.

We all experience road rage. You probably had a bad day, we all go through that. The key is to look forward to those days when you can drive with peace of mind, and get through the day safely.
    very well said sir!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Most lady drivers are passive and non-aggressive on the road.
    The thing thats mostly irritating about them is when they
    drive too slow and disrupt the smooth flow of traffic.

When I'm behind a road hog (of whatever gender), I overtake
    right away and when I'm almost abreast of them, I give them
    a mean look and a mouthful of expletives BUT behind heavily
    tinted windows!

So I'm able to release my pent-up anger with the other driver
    not even aware of what I just did.

I've mellowed with age and thats about as much road rage
    as you'll ever get from me!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hmmmm.....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Hello Cathy,

A few things:

I totally agree. In addition, minsan lalo pag dark tint at gabi, lalo kung umuulan, it's hard to judge distances lalo through the side mirrors -- minsan nga binababa ko pa ang windows ko. So you should give extra allowance.

It's also the reason why I don't like slow as_ cars. Pag matulin tsikot ko, maluwag sa loob ko magpalusot, knowing I could've left them behind had I wanted to.

Personally though, I don't think I can road rage a gurl. Kahit galit na galit na ako mapapakamot lang siguro ako ng ulo. For me, gurls are for lovin, not for fightin. heehee.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    It's also the reason why I don't like slow as_ cars. Pag matulin tsikot ko, maluwag sa loob ko magpalusot, knowing I could've left them behind had I wanted to.
    same, maybe thats why maiinit ulo ng mga drivers dito sa manila especially taxi drivers... kasi they need to prove something pati na rin sa mga ibang feeling racer boys and girls.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Personally though, I don't think I can road rage a gurl. Kahit galit na galit na ako mapapakamot lang siguro ako ng ulo. For me, gurls are for lovin, not for fightin. heehee.
    Sana lahat ng guys katulad mo

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    most lady drivers naman di naman ganon kagarapal sa daan kaya never pa akong nakaencounter ng ganyan.but given the opportunity, depende na siguro sa kaso, baka naman me palabas labas pa ng middle finger e wtf!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Have you ever road raged a woman?