New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Recently, I've been a frequent victim of road rage. This is considering the fact that I have mellowed down a lot in my driving style. Are people on the road just getting more violent?

My worst road rage experience happened just a year ago. It was a Thursday night and I was coming home from school. I was driving along SSHW just pass the Merville exit around 9:30 pm. I was cruising at the innermost lane of the highway when I saw a space to change to the middle lane. I glanced at my mirror to check if it was totally clear and saw that a speeding starex coming from the middle lane blinked his headlights several times (which I assume is a signal for me to let him pass first). I decided to ignore him as there was still enough space/distance, probably the length of 8-10 cars. The guy in that lane decides to be a j*rk and substantially speeds up, but then I didn't let him intimidate me and I made the switch. The guy got really mad and decided to chase my car acting as if he was gonna crash his against it. I drove like mad trying to avoid him but it seemed like the guy was on something (drugs) 'coz his reflexes were just beyond the ordinary. It went on for more than a kilometer. Since my car has super black tint on all sides and people always mistake it as being driven by a guy (my friends tell me that I drive like a bus driver which is not at all flattering) I figured that if I stopped, he'd get embarrassed for doing that to a girl. And so I did - In the outermost lane of SSHW near the bicutan exit. THe Starex then went in front of my car and went on reverse! A truck was behind me so I immediately went down the car coz it is obvious that he wanted my car to be sandwiched it between his starex and the truck. Was that man cuckoo! His StArex was a few inches away from my car when he decided to stop and came charging at me, cussing, saying "PI ka, kala mo kahit babae ka hindi kita papatulan!" "Papatayin kita" He said that several times pointing his finger at me. The guy was huge around 5'11" (I'm only 5'4") and he has a large frame. He smelled of beer and his eyes were red and "nanlilisik". He must have been on crack. Anyway I just kept quiet and let him cuss at me for a good 15 minutes or so. He was saying funny stuff coz he was looking at the stickers on my car asking where I lived and where I went to school. He even remarked "ano ba plaka mo? coding ka pala. coding din ako!". Where did that come from? He even said that he would go and study in my school. He went from road rage to non-sensical interrogation. Anyway thank God I didn't carry a gun in my car coz if I did that man would be dead. I seriously thought that he was going to kill me. People must have thought that it was an accident so no one stopped to help. The incident caused traffic to slow down in SSHW. I drove like an 80 year old for several weeks out of trauma from the incident.

A few days ago my AC got busted so I had to drive with my windows down, I noticed that drivers were generally more courteous and I didn't have to go on with the whole gitgitan thing as opposed to when I have my windows closed and people can't see that a girl is driving. Are men generally more "mapagbigay" with women drivers?

Would you ever road rage a woman? If yes, what could possibly cause you to do that?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Well, I haven't actually vented my ire on a woman driver, but I have raised my voice a little once. She did admit her mistake though and apologized, and that was that.

For me, being a woman is not and will never be an excuse to commit traffic violations and being inconsiderate as far as road courtesy is concerned. Actually, yung sinasabi kong incident, talagang muntik na akong mabangga kasi biglang lumiko ni hindi man lang nag-signal and from the outside lane pa. Pero hanggang sigaw lang siguro ako, and I don't think I'll be raising any dirty fingers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if by "road rage" you mean yell and scream at them for doing something stupid, then absolutely yes. man, woman, or kahit third *** pa although i'm a lot calmer about that now than i was even 4-5 short years ago.

but get out of the car and approach them? definitely not. i don't do that anymore.

to get out of your car and approach another driver is a clear physical threat to him or her. i wouldn't blame the other driver at all if he or she pulled a gun and shot me if i made a move like that. and then i would be dead because another person was stupid and i didn't know how to deal with it calmly.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    my friends tell me that I drive like a bus driver which is not at all flattering
    If you still do....and magkaroon tayo ng encounter sa road, naku baka OO.

Drive safely po.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sayang....magkalayo tayo ng hometown. kung magiging fwends tayo eh ipagdadrive kita :naughty2: para di ka na maging biktima ng road rage...

j/k :peace:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i'll have to admit that i have lost my patience with women drivers. actually it doesn't matter if the driver is a male or female. i make the effort to be considerate and law abiding on the road all in the name of order and right-of-way. i expect others to do so too.

anyway, i don't explode in anger anymore like when i was much younger.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    8-10 car lenghts is a small gap when he is travelling more than 100 km/h. You alsohave to consider the time that it took you to swerve to his lane and accelerate pa. that is why I think he was very mad. as you said he accelerated pa, maybe he did not but becasue of the small gap it seemed to you that he did because he was traveling at a fast pace in relation to your pace.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nag flash na nga ng headlights di mo pa pinagbigyan...

and u drive like a bus driver?

dapat lang maka experience ka ng road rage.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I presume you had your signal on to let him know of your intent. But he flashed you to let you know he was in the lane and possibly may not be able to stop or slow down in time before reaching your vehicle. Yet you chose to ignore the warning and proceeded to change lanes anyways endangering him and yourself in the process. You say the van was 8-10 car lenghts away and you feel it's sufficient space. However, you don't know the condition of his vehicle and his brakes but he does and maybe he flashed because he knew that the space wasn't sufficient for his vehicle to stop or slow down. If he warned you and you choose to ignore it, then he had every right to be angry but the extent of his anger was more than what the situation warranted.

As far as drivers being nicer when your windows were down it's probably because they can see the driver and can tell the intent of the driver in the vehicle. Dark tints are nice but other drivers can't tell what is going on inside the vehicle, such as when you turn your head to check the other lane when you intend to change lanes. The gender of the driver has nothing to do with me getting angry at the dumb things that people do behind the wheel of a vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The road is one of the great equalizers....

So, we should all drive carefully and responsibly. Most importantly, never take advantage of other drivers....

4202:banned:

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Have you ever road raged a woman?