New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by c0zee View Post
    the benefits of marriage is more on sa babae.
    Usually it's the woman that bears the brunt of keeping the family together, taking care of the kids in nonmonetary(and sometimes pati na monetary) terms, managing the relationships within the family, etc. And kung sakaling maghiwalay, sa napansin ko usually sa nanay napupunta ung burden of raising the kids. The man is supposed to pay alimony and such...but enforcement of laws always was weak here in these islands. This is just my impression though.

Live-in -- assuming it doesn't involve sleeping around -- does make sense to me, if only to test if the attraction you feel for each other is purely lust/spur of the moment as opposed to something more meaningful.

The romantic side of me actually admires unmarried couples who stay together: they don't stay together because they are bound by marital laws, but by love(naks)...

...but if you throw in kids in the equation, it gets complicated: baka tinitiis na lang ang isa't isa for their sake. Ganito ata ung case where couples that have been together for ages suddenly file for divorce/annulment. Siguro sa isip nila malaki na ung kids ang mas nakakaintindi na.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hirap yan pag-aasawa. Di ba sabi nga "husband and wife are as one person"

Dami ko kaibigan, kakilala nag-asawahan na. Ang reason dahil malapit na daw sila maging 30 years old, gusto magka-anak, wala daw mag-aalaga pag may sakit pag single ka.....etc Natatawa ako sa reason.

Majority nakakaawa kasi bitbit ng bata. Parang wala sa body language yung ginagawa. Naiilang eh.

Dati may nakausap ako chikas na may tatlo anak na at iba iba pa lalake. Kung pwede lang daw nya balik panahon gusto nya maging single pa rin.

Sarap talaga maging single.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    Marriage is both a privilage and a sacrifice.

Privilage to get free legal *** yet you will have to sacrifice your time, effort, and money in order to attain a meaningful and lasting relationship.
    And keeps you alive when you are in a lifeboat floating aimlessly for three days somewhere in the North Sea. My point sirs is that I have something to look forward to.....my family. I got married when I was 37, age difference between me and my wife was 14 years. I cant say that I married the wrong person since for me the quest for Mrs. Right is relative. Yes it is a sacrifice, a sacrifice for the future of my son and my family. As what my old 2nd engineer told me a long time ago, "If the stomach is empty, Love flies out of the window". Dont know if its true though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    OT: are pre-nuptial agreements legal in the Philippines?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    But would it be legal in court in the Philippines?
    Yes.

Art. 74(1), The Family Code of the Philippines. A.k.a. Executive Order 209.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    Yes.

Art. 74(1), The Family Code of the Philippines. A.k.a. Executive Order 209.
    Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Prenup is also known as marriage settlement. It governs the property relations of husband and wife. Without the so-called prenup, the property relations will be governed by Absolute Community of Property. This means that whatever the two consenting adults bring into the marriage will be owned by the spouses,without regard to who brings what and how many or how much. If hubby brings one million and wifey brings beauty, wifey gets at least 500K when marriage terminates, that is when finances have not improved. And, if hubby is at fault he stands to lose his 500K share.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispco View Post
    And keeps you alive when you are in a lifeboat floating aimlessly for three days somewhere in the North Sea. My point sirs is that I have something to look forward to.....my family. I got married when I was 37, age difference between me and my wife was 14 years. I cant say that I married the wrong person since for me the quest for Mrs. Right is relative. Yes it is a sacrifice, a sacrifice for the future of my son and my family.
    Agree with you bro.... Just like the steadfast northern star....

As what my old 2nd engineer told me a long time ago, "If the stomach is empty, Love flies out of the window". Dont know if its true though.
    Don't you ever test this one, bro,- or anyone here....

We all know that it will be a painful realization....

10K:dance1:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Did i marry the right person?