New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sorry my bad, its oil filter lang. my bro and I do our own car maintenance, thats why we know. Yung sa semi-syn i read it somewhere here in tsikot. Also checking the dip stick now and then never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    di ko po nagets. you were starting with the fuel filter, then end up with the oil filter sir.

pero i agree na din. a good OIL filter can add protection against sludge.

but the most effective is being religious enough to properly maintain your vehicle (not just your engine) and meeting diligently your scheduled pms.
    Last edited by blue_gambit; April 3rd, 2010 at 02:12 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Problema pa kasi di natin nakikita ang oto kapag PMS na sa casa.. Baka mamaya palpak gawa nila't salpakan ka ng pekeng oil filter ..

Our vios has been using fully synthetic oil since 5k PMS.. Di ko lang alam kasi dad ko nagpapa-PMS eh.. Pati 10k PMS ata, change oil pero synthetic pa rin.. Sana naman wag na magkaroon nitong sludge.. Sa 15k PMS sasama na ako for me to know the status of the engine..
    actually, casas does change oils on our pms (i believe so) but ang hindi naten nalalaman if what oil ang nilalagay nila.

example ko lang tong nalalaman ko sir ah. yung sa hyundai ....and so on.....

1. customer orders for synthetic oil for change oil
    2. mechanic change the oil but with a regular oil (mineral siguro but not used)
    3. mechanic charges customer for synth oil
    4. somewhere somehow someone sells those unused but purchased (legally by the customer) hyundai engine oils (afaik, motul for diesel yung nakita ko nun, sells 1.2k for a gallon) outside the casa to anyone who's interested.

kunan ko pics next time pag may order na ulit sa cousin ko. nahuli na ata yung taga hyundai e

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sa toyota bicutan glass yung wall ng service bay, so I actually saw my car being worked on during the PMS. And I personally saw the actual pouring of the synthetic oil I ordered .

Pwera na lang kung may pagka-magician yung mga mechanic and marunong mag sleight-of-hand hehehehe.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Toyota Quezon Avenue has the mechanics in plain view as well. I'm not saying they are 100% honest though, you can never be too sure nowadays.

I agree with most people on the regular oil changes. You have to use a high quality filter as well. The replacement ones look the same, some of them even look the same when you cut into it but you'll never know how good they are at filtration in terms of microns.

Don't scrimp on oil changes, and don't scrimp on the oil filters. A few hundred pesos more seems like a pittance compared to what you will be spending on using and cleaning a sludged engine.

If your engine is already sludged, try Auto RX.
    http://www.auto-rx.ph/index.php?opti...d=51&Itemid=55

And don't use Motul oils until treatment is finished or you're sure its not sludged.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

I agree with most people on the regular oil changes. You have to use a high quality filter as well. The replacement ones look the same, some of them even look the same when you cut into it but you'll never know how good they are at filtration in terms of microns.

e sir, tanong ko lang if the oil filters they use in the toyota casas are good enough? the service advisor doesn't really ask you about oil filter options. do we have options for oil filters sa casa?

thanks...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    this thread makes up my mind to change my oil last 4 days ago at Caltex! hahaha

new oil filter and pour up new Havoline SF 4 liters!

so far di pa ako biktima and currently at 43000km

I'll keep it up every 3000 km to 4000 km change oil!

good thread!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    e sir, tanong ko lang if the oil filters they use in the toyota casas are good enough? the service advisor doesn't really ask you about oil filter options. do we have options for oil filters sa casa?

thanks...
    Yup, so far so good naman in the case of our diesel innova. Orig toyota filters gamit namin, yun lang naman ang pinapagamit ng Toyota. Not sure what brand they are though. Wag ka lang gagamit ng mga replacement filters. Kahit yung mga VIC or Bosch may mga fakes and wala akong idea kung ok din sa filtration.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    guys confirm ko lang.

how to prevent 3zzfe oil sludge....

follow PMS strictly...

at 93.5K kms, my altis' engine is cleaner than what i expected.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm, is this sludge problem really specific to Toyota, or do other car brand/model in the same time period have the same issue?

i drive a very old '89 corolla XL, seldom used(sa weekends lang), always used Castrol (the one in the white jug), no additives. Hindi ako religious mag oil change, and while the oil really goes black, i've never seen sludge buildup. Sakit ba talaga to ng newer engines?

If you miss oil changes like you miss following your diet, then you're gonna have problems; but if you just miss one oil change, masisira na? Sobrang sensitive naman niyan.
    Last edited by badkuk; June 1st, 2010 at 10:15 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ah yes that looks fine. it actually looks better than my 60t kms example. sir synthetic oil ba gamit nyo o yun regualr lang? ako kasi maski chipipay na synthetic pinapatulan ko. nakapag lagay na ako ng mobil (kaso di na ako uulit mahal kasi sobra) total excellium, delco yung silver na lalagyan, valvoline super syn etc. minsan feeling ko extra gastos lang yung synthetic at 5000-8000kms change oil nadin ako.

Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    guys confirm ko lang.

how to prevent 3zzfe oil sludge....

follow PMS strictly...

at 93.5K kms, my altis' engine is cleaner than what i expected.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
YOUTUBE VIDEO: "Toyota Engine Oil Sludge: Another Dangerous Defect?"