New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Tsips!

Can you suggest any shop that has these ECU scanners?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    Tsips!

Can you suggest any shop that has these ECU scanners?

TIA!
    Speedyfix has one.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sa Speedyfix alam ko meron. Check his sig for the address.

But if you're the DIY type, then check this ad... http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...ext=151#paging

Hmmm...mura lang pala ang OBD scanner.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    don't reset the ecu unless you know the reason ng MIL (malfunction indicator lamp or check engine light) if it's blinking then iit needs scanning asap there's active misfire, if it's steady not serious enought to kill the cat, but still you need to scan it. try searching the net and you'll find how to read codes by using only a small piece of jumper wire.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    have your oils checked: transmission, power steering, brakes, engine. there might be a leak somewhere.

i too had the same thing. the check engine light was on during different occasions. i brought it in and they saw a leak in the power steering column. had the seals replaced temporarily until i had the whole steering coulumn assembly replaced. and so far it doesn't light up again.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Check engine light or "MIL", or malfunction inlicator lamp warns you that the ECU has detected an engine fault.

You can bring your car to a Toyota service dealer for fault scanning. They have the necessary scan tool to detect and identify the specific fault/s.

MIL should not be disabled for obvious reasons.

Bye,

Dieseldude

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    pa diagnose mo na lang po using a computer sa casa.mura lang naman and accurate pa... mahirap mangapa pag ganyan dahil electical and it involves ECU.. also check your manual din kasi sa honda may self diagnose feature na pwede gawin.im not sure with the model of your car though...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May computer box na ba ang corolla 97? Curious lang i really dont know.
    Baka kasi check engine light niya is not a MIL warning.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    AFAIK (Correct me if I'm wrong)... all cars which have "check engine" indicators are equipped with computer boxes... Also... may mga codes ang light kapag nag flash... a flashing check engine light indicates something other than that of a steady illuminated check engine light. Better consult a manual or an experienced mechanic.
    Last edited by umzzzzz; December 14th, 2007 at 12:19 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    May computer box na ba ang corolla 97? Curious lang i really dont know.
    Baka kasi check engine light niya is not a MIL warning.
    meron po, Coroll GLi 97

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Why the "Check Engine" light comes on?