New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Sir billnomoney,

sir lancer

i bought the meiji brand gasket at P350 at local auto stores dito sa amin. plus i used the schellac gasket sealant. i'm sure mahihirapan ako magtanggal ng head. i'm planning to use the original gaskets if ever i need to replace it. any idea how much?

plus my wrench problem on the cyl head bolt.
    sorry sir, i have no idea on prices. but im almost certain (95%) that culprit is the un-retightened cylinder bolt heads. im sorry to say but you have to replace again your gasket and this time "never" put gasket maker (shellac, etc). the orig gasket is more than enough.it's useless flushing your radiator if you dont replace your warped gasket.before you knew it, it's actually easy to disassemble the head but putting it back really needs a torque wrench...good luck!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Additional test done this morning. Started the engine cold with radiator cap on. Pressure builds up in the cooling system with the engine NOT WARMED UP YET (after approx 1 minute). yet still no contamination in all fluids.

Hayyyy!!!! it must be the HG again.....

Any idea folks if the head bolts on a 4d56 torque-to-yield or not (i.e. reusable)?

Last year was my first time to change gaskets, so i might have affected the plastic deformation of the bolts since i did not replace them.

I torqued the bolts to specs then 90 deg + 90 deg. is this right tightening sequence?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
White froth in radiator