New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Had this problem lately after doing the timing belt tension adjustment.

Mejo barat din ako sa coolant e. I use tap water as coolant only.

Before di masyado nagffroth. konting bubbles lang.

But yesterday was different.

the radiator filler neck is full of white froth (like coffee froth but its white).

what can cause this frothing phenomena?

started the engine cold with cap removed, no water gushing out.

no oil contamination in radiator.

no water contamination in crankcase.

no water contamination in A/T.

got no thermostat.

engine is 4d56T. water pump is vee belt driven (not timing belt driven).

head gasket is about 1 year old (i used the meiji brand, and i think an inferior gasket)

prior to this, months ago stream of bubbles (very very small sized) always show up. after topping it up with water, water level would go down after the air pockets come out. and so on

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    naisip ko head gasket mo but you said wala namang oil contamination sa radiator mo. seems all is fine naman hindi ka nga lang naka-coolant.

I think your radiator cap can't hold the pressure pero hindi ako 100% sure dito ha, but it might be the culprit.

anyway, try mo na rin mag-flush ng radiator tapos lagyan mo na ng 50-50 mix ng coolant at distilled water.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    i have to admit also na hindi ko pa na retighten ang cylinder head bolts ko after the head gasket was replaced last year.

and i suspect that the bolts are coming loose and the engine is not yet drinking the cooling water.

my problem is that the head bolts are allen hex type bolts at wala ako mahanap na bolt wrench na allen that can be fitted to a 1/2 drive socket wrench.

what i did before was to cut an allen key and weld it to a socket. i made two pieces.

both fabricated wrenches failed during the removal and assembly. and you can't buy 1 pc of allen keys but a set.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    seems more complicated pala kesa sa naiisip ko. i'm not sure pero baka factor iyan sa frothing sa radiator mo. aside from that wala na akong mai-susuggest since ikaw ang mas nakakaalam ng sasakyan mo.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir sa Tosuy sa recto avenue makakabili ka ng allen bolt.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks TDiesel,

Pati na rin ba yung head bolt wrench socket para sa allen hex bolt meron dun sa nabanggit mo?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Thanks TDiesel,

Pati na rin ba yung head bolt wrench socket para sa allen hex bolt meron dun sa nabanggit mo?
    sir i think you have to replace again your head cyclinder gasket then re-tight after 5,000 odo. it seems your gasket got toasted after you havent re-tightened it for a year. that's quite a long time...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    re-flush/clean radiator by pepsi or coca cola

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sir billnomoney,

are you serious? flush cooling system with cola? anyway, since cola products are acidic it might be an cheap alternative system cleaner. anybody tried this at home?

sir lancer

i bought the meiji brand gasket at P350 at local auto stores dito sa amin. plus i used the schellac gasket sealant. i'm sure mahihirapan ako magtanggal ng head. i'm planning to use the original gaskets if ever i need to replace it. any idea how much?

plus my wrench problem on the cyl head bolt.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    i done this 3lt of cola for 2 days to remove the water mineral after that drain & fill with coolant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
White froth in radiator