New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir siakol:

the "someone" i talked to said that synthetic oils come in low viscosity(like petron trekker which im currently using 5w20 siya sabi niya bad for the engine), so he prescribed mineral based oil which comes in higher viscosity, like 20w50 and the like... or yung penrite ba yon? yung australian brand... which comes in sae 60

if u know a synthetic oil with high viscosity can u pls tel me where i can get?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Castrol Synthec 5W-50 and Mobil 1 15W-50 is a good choice, not sure where to buy it in Pinas. And SAE 60 is way to thick for normal driving. :freak:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    found mobil 1 20w50 super XP ata yon or HP... its both for diesel and gas powerd engines, ox na kaya yon?

saw pa kanina liqui molly oil 20w60 parang ayos rin, kaya lang nakalagay pang racing

ok hanap ako castrol synthec... is this the type rin na pwede both gas/diesel engine? thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bryb0y,

madalas ka bang nagdadagdag ng oil? kasi ako experience ko sa L3 ko kahit long trips hindi ako nagdadagdag. magagalaw lang ulit yung langis pag change oil sked na.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir dakila:

once palang naman ako nagdagdag pero 3/4 of a liter lang din yung nadagdag ko...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    bryb0y,

The Isuzu 4JX1 engine can only use 5w30, 10w30 oil based on the manual. I'm using Petron's all terrain 5w30 too and see some oil consumption over 5k km use, about 1/4 to 1/2 liter added. This is normal since the oil is really thin but required by our common rail injec system.

I don't think you should try a 15w40 or thicker oil since i've seen a 4JX1 engine with this type and it wouldn't start or emitted lots of black smoke.

Stick to Petron's all terrain 5w30, best value diesel oil for the trooper.

How many kms do you have on trooper? What oil filter do you use?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buhayin ko itong thread na ito. kasi kaninang umaga after checking my oil sa Nasugbu (After travelling yday from Manila - Nasugbi at 80km ave speed) nasa half mark nalang ang level sa dipstick. But after adding a small amount ( as in 1 guhit lang dun sa 1 liter bottle ng petron synth) nag max out naman. Why is this so?

Talaga bang mas madaling i burn ang synthetic oil compared sa mineral?

Inputs appreciated. thanks

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    when you get the dip stick do you wipe it first then put it back in then read the reading or when you read the reading once you put it out the first time?

sometimes the oil stays on top of the engine, when you add some new oil the old oil that staying on top comes down with the new oil.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, I wipe the dipstick first thinking that I'll see the level more clearly. Sir can you explain further about the oil going down with the new oil? Thanks.

Djerms: When you checked your oil level, was the engine still hot?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Where did my oil GO?