New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    just curious, will it cause engine damage if you will pour engine oil designed for gasoline engine into a diesel engine? i have observed people doing this especially in govt vehicles when oil for diesel engine is not available, they pour gasoline engine oil into diesel vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    only one thing that i can say, is that they dont know what they are doing,it may hurt the engine and also they put their selves in danger,they dont even think that they create a bomb for themselves.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis powell View Post
    only one thing that i can say, is that they dont know what they are doing,it may hurt the engine and also they put their selves in danger,they dont even think that they create a bomb for themselves.
    hmm...could you please elaborate?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    basta may API -CF rating puede po... ibig sabihin po nung rating na iyan, puede sya sa diesel....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    a diesel engine has higher compression and higher temperature levels than a gasoline engine, ergo you use a different oil.

Try replacing one with the other, and voila! you got a busted engine.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    was using Mobil1 before when my ride was new from 1k to 30k on my diesel pick-up and it now has 164k w/ no problems. yes as long as diesel rated ok lang.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    honestly, i read the thread on engine oils and cant really figure it out due to some technical terms. sometimes we use the government issued petron engine oil designed for gasoline engine on our diesel vehicles. i checked the cans and there is 20-40. does this mean this oil cant be used on diesel engines? thanks.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    you can use it specially with sae 40 but not for long time.
    dsiel engine oil has higher boiling point (rating) than gas oil, if accdently use 10-20w gas oil for along time mdaling lumabnaw un katok abutin mo hehehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    you can use it specially with sae 40 but not for long time.
    dsiel engine oil has higher boiling point (rating) than gas oil, if accdently use 10-20w gas oil for along time mdaling lumabnaw un katok abutin mo hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    check the label API claims of the oil first. if it says SF/CD or SG/CD, then you can use it interchangeably. Normally, our vehicles have recommended grades based on our engine, so if it says, SF rating. then we can use any SF rating or above. S stands for Service (gasoline engines) and C for Commercial (diesel engines). The higher the second letter, the better the quality. Of course, if money is a constraint, then just use the lower grade possible for your engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
pouring gasoline engine oil into diesel engine