Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
i just follow the oil grade as indicated in the car's manual. and i just get what's on the shelf of the gas station where i have my off-casa oil and oil filter change. i change my filter everytime i change oil (every 5000 km).
no, i do not use oil engine flush or even pressurized air. just old-fashioned gravity. and i do not use oil additives. methinks if oil additives are of practical benefit, the oil manufacturers would already have incorporated them in their products.
Tama if you are using 20W 50 no need to add STP oil treatment, the best to add STP is if you are using thin Oil like 5W 30 or 10W 30 mineral oil meron kasi mineral base oil na 10w 30 sa ace hardware meron ako nakita akala ko nga basta 10W 30 or 5W 30 synthetic na pero meran pa pla na mineral base din. Well anyway my experience in STP is outstanding for me, may Tsikot is Isuzu Trooper with an Engine of problematic 4JX1, nakaranas ako ng Engine stop due to over heat 2X last summer nag-leak kasi ung Turbo coolant hose ko, no engine damage no cylynderhead crack or something. My Oil is Idemitsu extreme Eco 5W 30 with one Bottle of STP oil Treatment. Gamit ko din ito sa CRV namin Kseries Engine every oil change 10W 30. one of my radiator fan died going up to Tagaytay never overheat until manila.