New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    wp_20131217_14_51_10_pro_zpsb69fae3f.jpg

no idea. engine goes bonkers when i tried to replace the one in yellow with a check valve so i refitted the old/stock part. it had cracks and had it treated with epoxy.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It looks like a PCV one way valve to me. Prior to replacing it, it would be best to determine as to what direction the gases flow. What car is this BTW, looks like a Toyota of some sort.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Toyota Tamaraw FX, 5k or 7k engine.

yep, one way nga lang, may bulitas sa loob,
    continously ticking when the engine is on.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    It looks like a PCV one way valve to me. Prior to replacing it, it would be best to determine as to what direction the gases flow. What car is this BTW, looks like a Toyota of some sort.
    so a check valve would work? its a toyota fx 7k btw.

or do parts like this need an exact replacement and not just any aftermarket check valve? tried to replace it with a generic check valve, engine wont start. or maybe i had it installed the wrong way.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 7138 View Post
    Toyota Tamaraw FX, 5k or 7k engine.

yep, one way nga lang, may bulitas sa loob,
    continously ticking when the engine is on.
    a guy on another forum told me the air goes from top to bottom only but on normal engine operating temperatures only. how it achieves that i dont know. hehehe he told me it's closed when the engine is cold to have a richer air-fuel ratio.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Part on the left looks like an EBCV(electronic bimetallic switching valve) usually used to control purging of the charcoal canister of the evap system