New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    A new gas starex was filled with diesel, the engine was blown. It wont stop even they turn off the key already. The fuel station replace the whole vehicle. bec. the owner has big influence. It happen in southern Mindanao.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    happened to my Dmax, at one point of time, it was filled with gas rather than diesel. buti konti lang at napansin agad...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmm, i remember an Amazing Race season where their SUV got filled with diesel instead of gas; inidrain lang nila, filled up with gas, and they were on their way.

depende rin siguro sa particular engine involved? or baka me gas pa sa tank, kaya medyo nadilute ung diesel?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    well i asked my uncle from germany, he works from mobil 1 before and currently from FUCHS germany maker of engine oil. i asked him this question. he ans. me the same. feeding daw a gas engine with a diesel gas der will be no problem execpt with a smoking car. but sooner this will normalize. napag aralan na raw yun. and he added that the mobil 1 motor oil is the best. kahit na nag work sya sa FUCHS

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    This happened to our company vehicle (STRADA) several years back.. and if i'm not mistaken-- also by a dumb caltex attendant.. filled up gas instead of diesel.

they had to drain it -- good thing the driver noticed and did not even attempt to start the engine-- hassle pa coz the manager was even planning on charging us for the full tank of gas mistakenly filled up by their attendant..

the car still runs fine. -- good thing the driver spotted it.

a little off topic but don't you just hate it when the attendants fill up the tank literally to the brim?!? the automatic cutoff system of the gas pump is there for a purpose.. i'm just waiting to hear about an accident because some attendant filled the gas to the brim..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    on the OT...shucks masama ba yon? parati kong pinapasagad yung akin eh hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    para sa kin ok lang yun. wag lang masisira yung automatic cut-off kasi overflow yung fuel mo sa tank. nangyari na sa akin yun e.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    since gas was the topic, i bought my RAV4 last year,i used unleaded gas 93+octane,can i shift to 95+octane? I need your advice guys,thank you!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    yeah, you can do that.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yup, no problem with that :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What if your gas engine car is accidentally feed a diesel.