New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fast69
    since gas was the topic, i bought my RAV4 last year,i used unleaded gas 93+octane,can i shift to 95+octane? I need your advice guys,thank you!
    Is this the 2.0 liter gen2 Rav4? If so, you can verify with your manual, but supposedly (accdg to the manual) this engine type should only use 95+ octane or higher.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thank you guys,so do i need to drain the tank to removed the unleaded gas or i'll just add it (95+octane)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if there is no knocking, dagdagan mo nalang.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Drive the car till the fuel level is just at or below the empty line, then just fill her to the top to dilute the 93 Octane still remaining. Be careful, though, as you don't really know how far below the "empty" line your reserve goes.

Actually, now is a good time to find out... fill the tank to the brim when the indicator is exactly at empty, then subtract however much the gas boy put in from the manufacturer's claimed tank size. Usually, there are about 5-10 liters below the empty line.

As a reminder, for economy engines, high octane does not provide more power except if the engine is retarding timing for lower octane. But an occassional tank of high octane will help keep your injectors and valves in good condition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    BIG THANKS GUYS! now i know my a b c

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
What if your gas engine car is accidentally feed a diesel.