New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    According to a close friend of mine if you accidentally feed your gas engine with a diesel, then it’s ok. But you feed your diesel engine with a gas, this will be a big problem. how true

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eitherway, i wont gamble...engine na yan pinag uusapan.drain it asap nalang

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    You need to drain it both gas or diesel parehong palyado yan w/ wrong fuel.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Agree with both viewpoints.

Expect serious results when feeding an engine the wrong fuel, whether gasoline or diesel.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, it's always worse to feed a diesel gas.

When you feed a gas engine diesel fuel, all you have to do is drain the fuel system and clean off or replace the spark plugs (depending on how long you tried to run it with the diesel ), on diesel engines, you may experience clogged or damaged injectors... which is expen$$$ive to rectify.

My cousin's van is a Mazda E2000, gasoline-fed, and newbie drivers fill it up with diesel all the time... funny thing is, the engine is nearing 200,000km and has still never been overhauled... last year, I took that baby to 160 km/h, and it was still accelerating when I had to slow down because someone didn't fill up the coolant tank... ...no harm done... that's one tough mother...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Our FB L300 nagkaganito rin dati. kasi bobong caltex na may mix up yong diesel nila with gas! nag stop yong L300 FB namin as in dead mga 300 meters in running. buti nlang sagot ng caltex ang lahat ng repairs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've experienced that before. Delivery pick-up ng company namin Ford Courier (mazda engine) naka inom ng gas. We're running against time for our delivery so drain namin ng boss ko at kargahan ulit ng diesel. I drove the truck myself at hanep sa usok...hehehe...buti hindi ako hinuli ng pulis. hindi kami nagpalit ng sparkplugs basta tuloy lang ulit karga ng diesel hanggang sa naibenta so far ok naman. I don't know with diesel to gas.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Yup, you'd have bigger problems if your diesel engine is fed gasoline, than the other way around.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mas delikado if the diesel engine is fed with gasoline, high compression ito. for me, ako mismo nagbubukas at nagbabalik ng fuel lid. hirap na!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm.. mali pala ang pagkaintindi ko. I thought mas mahirap kung gas-fed engine nalagyan ng diesel coz mas madumi yung diesel. Kung yung diesel-fed engine, if ever, kahit papano malilinis lang nung gas yun diesel. Oh well, mali.

Pero either way, you've really got to drain the tank as a precaution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What if your gas engine car is accidentally feed a diesel.