New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    pwede yan sir, mas malapot nga lang. kung dating viscosity 30 ang gamit mo, your butt-dyno will tell you the difference sa hatak at sa andar later onWhat brand of engine oil do you use?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    yun din isa sa iniiisip ko baka mag suffer yung FC ko

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Naka promo Mobil Delvac 5W40 SemiSynthetic 6L for 1,800 good for 10,000 kilometers daw pwede kaya to sa Ranger 2.2? recommended is 5W30 kaya nag-aalanganin ako.

The MObil Delvac 1 5W-40 is a Fully synthetic oil (the newest one is the Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 API CK-4). The older one is rated at CJ-4. Their Semi Synthetic is the MObil Delvac MX ESP 15W-40.
    Personally, I am using the Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 CK-4 in my SUV. Depending on the oil viscosity requirement of your car written in your owner's manual, if the 40 weight is within the specified range, I use it, I find the 40 weight just right in our Philippine weather. ESpecially so if you are trapped in Manila traffic or regular trips on the expressway..
    The 30 weight oil is good for fuel economy but I am more comfortable with the 40 weight if your rig sees more than average use....

But always consult your owner's manual first before switching to new oils esp for newer cars like honda, and the hybrid cars as they require the thinnest oils, ie; 0W-20....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Naka promo Mobil Delvac 5W40 SemiSynthetic 6L for 1,800 good for 10,000 kilometers daw pwede kaya to sa Ranger 2.2? recommended is 5W30 kaya nag-aalanganin ako.
    mura yan for 5W40 mobil! siguraduhin mo lang na orig.....

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    mura yan for 5W40 mobil! siguraduhin mo lang na orig.....
    original boss introductory price para sa 6 Liters.
    Last edited by Syuryuken; October 29th, 2019 at 02:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bago lang yata itong product nila introductory price yung 1,800

Product Description
    API CI-4/ACEA C3

Mobil Delvac™ MX Advanced City Logistics 5W-40 is formulated to deliver high performance in commercial diesel engines equipped with a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and is suitable for driving conditions of city logistics applications. Mobil Delvac™ MX Advanced City Logistics 5W-40 provides protection for DPFs and diesel engines under the conditions of frequent start-ups, stop and go driving in urban areas, and powerful driving for heavy loaded light commercial vehicles.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS
    • Helps to maintain the efficiency of the Exhaust Emission Reduction systems in commercial vehicles.
    • Permits extended operation at elevated temperatures without oxidative oil thickening and oil breakdown.
    • Provides excellent fluidity at low temperatures allowing easy winter starting and rapid oil circulation around the engine.
    • Suitable for use in diesel engine light commercial vehicles.

APPLICATION
    • Mobil Delvac™ MX Advanced City Logistics 5W-40 has been developed to meet the latest specifications for engine oils required by major car manufacturers and is compatible with most latest Diesel Particulate Filters
    • Mobil Delvac™ MX Advanced City Logistics 5W-40 offers excellent performance at both very low and very high operating temperatures and long term engine protection from wear and sludge and deposit build-up.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013

Got 4 quarts of Amsoil OE 5W-30 for only P1,500. Not sure if this is the real synthetic oil. I heard it's supposed to be the signature series that's 100% synthetic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post

Got 4 quarts of Amsoil OE 5W-30 for only P1,500. Not sure if this is the real synthetic oil. I heard it's supposed to be the signature series that's 100% synthetic.
    its base oil is synthetic. its the additives that make the signature extra expensive

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    its base oil is synthetic. its the additives that make the signature extra expensive
    That’s good. I’m hoping other people’s claim that this oil is good is true. For the ecoboost, I’ll be using the signature series. Itong OE para sa mga NA engine ko lang ata gagamitin.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Using Petron's REV-X PREMIUM MULTI-GRADE (TREKKER) for my 2007 Starex CRDI. REV-X PREMIUM MULTI-GRADE (TREKKER) | Petron

And the PETRON ULTRON PREMIUM MULTI-GRADE (TOURING) for my 2009 Picanto. PETRON ULTRON PREMIUM MULTI-GRADE (TOURING) | Petron

Should I be switching to something else?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post

Oks na for 1500. I think this is one of the oil options that Fusion R offers for its Subaru customers. They charge 400 per quart bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What brand of engine oil do you use?