New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    question lang: if i bought a high-end synthetic engine oil, and the manufacturer sez oil change should be after 20,000 km., will the stock/vic/bosch oil filter last that long, too?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by acidboy
    question lang: if i bought a high-end synthetic engine oil, and the manufacturer sez oil change should be after 20,000 km., will the stock/vic/bosch oil filter last that long, too?
    nope... if ever you plan to extend your oil drain intervals, you still have to change the filter every 5000kms.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks bro. so if i have to change my filters, does this mean kelangan ko pa i-drain ang langis then ibalik ulit after changing filters?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by acidboy
    thanks bro. so if i have to change my filters, does this mean kelangan ko pa i-drain ang langis then ibalik ulit after changing filters?
    No, just remove the old Oil filter then put the new one, add a little bit oil.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thanks for your help!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I've been using VIC oil filters and I never had problems. They cost less than 200 for a 1.6 car.

As for air filters, K&N is the best I've tried. It's guaranteed to outlast your car with periodic cleaning. You can get drop-in filter elements to replace the original paper type, or get a cone type with Simota tube (most cost-effective setup).

You also might want to avail of the P599 package at Minerva behind Market! Market!. This includes oil, filter and labor already. It's just that the oil is 20W-50 non-synthetic. You may also bring your own oil and pay 200 for labor and extra for the filter.

Last edited by squala; December 2nd, 2005 at 06:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gamit ko ngayon Bosch oil filter... Ok naman sya... every 10K ako mag change.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Saan kayo nakakabili ng original na Vic filters para sa XTO?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
VIC or Bosch Filters