New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hi guys!
    I tried to use the search function but could not find a specific answer.

I would like to ask a few questions about converting a V8 Triton to LPG and I am hoping that you guys can shed light on my questions so that I can finally decide if I should pull the trigger on the E150 or not. Ford dealer said that they are checking if 2007 model can be converted to LPG. If ever, it will be the Ford casa who will do the conversion.

I am very concerned about fuel costs.
    Will a converted V8 (specifically that of a 2007 E150) be cheaper to run (peso-wise) than a diesel Everest?
    I realize that the V8 will consume more LPG (liter-wise) than the 4cyl diesel Everest, but will the peso value of the fuels still be lower for the LPG converted V8? I will use this everyday from Alabang to Makati on weekdays and an out of town trip twice a month. I am more concerned about the everyday fuel costs and not so much about the out of town trips.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSERO View Post
    Hi guys!
    I tried to use the search function but could not find a specific answer.

I would like to ask a few questions about converting a V8 Triton to LPG and I am hoping that you guys can shed light on my questions so that I can finally decide if I should pull the trigger on the E150 or not. Ford dealer said that they are checking if 2007 model can be converted to LPG. If ever, it will be the Ford casa who will do the conversion.

I am very concerned about fuel costs.
    Will a converted V8 (specifically that of a 2007 E150) be cheaper to run (peso-wise) than a diesel Everest?
    I realize that the V8 will consume more LPG (liter-wise) than the 4cyl diesel Everest, but will the peso value of the fuels still be lower for the LPG converted V8? I will use this everyday from Alabang to Makati on weekdays and an out of town trip twice a month. I am more concerned about the everyday fuel costs and not so much about the out of town trips.

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

The simple answer is a FORD XP with Auto-LPG conversion will consume roughly the same amount of LPG as with gasoline. Advantage, you get all the space, smooth ride, bad-boy image, etc of an Expedition at 60-65% of the cost of gasoline to operate.

Tarantini has done quite a number of XP conversions but they are one of the most expensive as well. For a more budget friendly conversion you can try XOOM LPG.

You can find installer contact information at the link below:

http://tsikot.com/forums/car-economy...tations-50159/

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    i think in this case, the everest will still be cheaper to run. parang sa mga taxi, mas malaki pa rin ang kita ng mga naka-diesel accents vs. lpg-converted cars. this is because diesel is cheaper than gas and gives better mileage. with LPG, you only address the cost of fuel, but the consumption remains the same. an e15 that does 3 km/L on unleaded should give about the same mileage on LPG.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try and do the math on this as you have to factor in your average consumption, yearly distance traveled and the cost difference of the fuel to determine your returns if you convert to LPG.

Before we decided to convert, we were discussing between converting our old Galant V6 or our fairly new Corolla Altis. We decided to convert the Altis as this would be used more often and with an average travel of around 15,000kms to 20,000kms per year, consuming 10km/L, the LPG install broke even before reaching two years.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for the reply guys.

To clarify, there in no debate on whether to convert to LPG or not. I will only get the E150 if it can be converted to LPG and if it will be cheaper or equal to run compared to a 4cyl diesel Everest. Am also not considering return of investment in the cost of converting to LPG. My only concern is the cash out for fuel (LPG or diesel) and which one will cost more to run everyday.

Considered an Expedition but I need more space and the E150 is perfect for my needs. Only reason why I considered an Everest is because its a diesel. I guess I can consider a Toyota Grandia Diesel.

So let me rephrase my question... Will an LPG converted E150 with a V8 engine be cheaper (or equal) peso-wise to run as compared to a 4 cylinder diesel engine (ie Everest or Toyota Grandia) without respect to cost of conversion to LPG?

Thanks in advance for your insight guys.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You didn't specify how much you travel in a year, but based on your daily route, I'd say around 15,000 Km in a year.

For your E-150:
    (15,000 Km) / (3 Km/L) = 5000 L consumed in a year
    5000 L x 30 Php/L (please correct me if this isn't the price of LPG) = Php 150,000

For your Everest/Hiace
    (15,000 Km) / (8 km/L) = 1875 L consumed in a year
    1875 L x 45 Php/L = Php 84,375

The only time the E-150 will be cheaper is if LPG only costs 16 pesos.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    3km/liter lang ba talaga ang takbo ng E150? I thought it does about 5-6km/liter.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    5-6 Km/L? For long drives, probably. V6 sedans do 5-6 km/L in the city. But an ancient V8 engine on a 2-ton chassis? Consider yourself lucky if you average 4.5 km/L.

And even if you did average 4.5 km/L, it'll still be more expensive unless LPG only costs 25 pesos per liter, which isn't the case anymore.
    Last edited by jut703; May 12th, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You didn't specify how much you travel in a year, but based on your daily route, I'd say around 15,000 Km in a year.

For your E-150:
    (15,000 Km) / (3 Km/L) = 5000 L consumed in a year
    5000 L x 30 Php/L (please correct me if this isn't the price of LPG) = Php 150,000

For your Everest/Hiace
    (15,000 Km) / (8 km/L) = 1875 L consumed in a year
    1875 L x 45 Php/L = Php 84,375

The only time the E-150 will be cheaper is if LPG only costs 16 pesos.
    Hindi pa included diyan yung cost ng pagpapa-convert to LPG.

Everest talaga 'ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the case of cost, the Eve wins. Regular service of the Everest should also be lower AFAIK.

You'll only get the E150 or Exped and convert it to LPG to lower the costs because you want to use that type of vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
V8 converted to LPG vs 4cyl Diesel