New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    mga peeps,

i'm just wondering kung kailangan pang mag lagay ng engine flush pag nag change oil? Is it advisable or not? Tnx a lot

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabi lang sa akin ng isang mechanic, take note sabi lang po ito and I'm not applying it on my engines.

From mineral based oil to full synth oils or vice versa kelangan daw magflushing. (full synth to mineral oils).

Pero kung light oil sludge and your engine is not that old enough, pwede na yung dry pressurized air to flush the used oil out the drain.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ner,
    i think it is safe. Eveytime i have my oil changed i use POWER FLUSHING OIL by caltex. According to them its safe because its oil based, not compared to those who contain harmful elements that u mix with the used oil and then flush altogether. In using this u drain first the used oil and then put the drain plug again then put 1/2 of the amount of oil required to your engine. for example if u use 5 liters of engine oil, u can use 2-3 liters of power flushing oil. Then after idling for 5-10 mins, turn off the engine then flush again

ungas,
    u know wat , i also had my starex flushed using the high pressure air, they used a rag for it. But CALtEX people have this belief and i think all of them was told not to do this using compressd air inside the engine. It is a fact that this air that came from compressors have water content and we all know that water in a beg no no to our engines, but this shell mechanic was defending his practice that th RAG which i sed a while ago can trap all the water and only air will go in the engine.. Both of them have points but, i thin its better to be safe, but ifthe water will surely be trapped to the rag then no prob. just my advice. tnx :wink:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my mechanic does not recommend the "emulsifier" type because they're "soap" type that will definitely be left inside the engine after flushing and will mix with the new oil...thereby "destroying" the new oil.

that's my mechanic's 2 cents.

I do follow it because it sound logical to me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Flush oil with oil is the safer bet. My B2200 of almost 11 years now have gone through this. My p-up also passed the emmissions test(I just had the nozzle tips cleaned). After draining the old oil overnight, I buy 2 cans of cheap oil and use it to flush out remnants of the old oil. And using compressed air is not advisable.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i DONT use flush.
    i agree with IBALOI. though, medyo magastos. i did it before with my Lancer. talagang makikita mo ba ang dumi that goes with the cheaper oil you use to flush.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use engine flushing when:

1. first change oil for a newly overhauled engine.
    2. changing from mineral to synthetic oil and vice versa.

other than that change oil an filter lang.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Thanks a lot mga peeps. Dagdag kaalaman sa akin ito.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Thanks a lot mga peeps. Dagdag kaalaman sa akin ito.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibaloi
    Flush oil with oil is the safer bet. My B2200 of almost 11 years now have gone through this. My p-up also passed the emmissions test(I just had the nozzle tips cleaned). After draining the old oil overnight, I buy 2 cans of cheap oil and use it to flush out remnants of the old oil. And using compressed air is not advisable.
    how about the oil filter?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Using engine flush