New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Of course the old oil filter has to go too and a fresh one installed.:D I change the fuel filter every oil change even though my pick up has a sedimentor, the thermos bottle like thing that traps water and dirt from the fuel tank. i drain it every month because we have notoriously dirty diesel in this side of the planet. I think some SUVs and vans have this thing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibaloi
    Of course the old oil filter has to go too and a fresh one installed.:D I change the fuel filter every oil change even though my pick up has a sedimentor, the thermos bottle like thing that traps water and dirt from the fuel tank. i drain it every month because we have notoriously dirty diesel in this side of the planet. I think some SUVs and vans have this thing.
    how often do you change?
    what kind of oil do you use?
    do you use oil additives?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung standard oil, every 4K, no additives. Sa regularly used vechicles I think better ito.

never tried synthetic, way too expensive for me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On older engines, some 'sludge' acts as sealants on gaskets preventing leaks, etc. After flushing, nawawala ang sludge and leaks may start.

I don't recommend flushing by engine flush or by air pressure.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    minsan pag minamalas ka kakatok pa ang makina mo sa flushing oil!

i also agree with ibaloi, flush with cheaper engine oil! Kung sobrang dumi ng makina, sacrifice a new oil filter just for flushing.

Kung sinisipag ka, remove and clean the valve cover and the oil pan. :D

yung compressed air flushing, minsan may sumasamang tubig pero matutuyo naman ito pag init ng engine. There are gas stations na may water separator yung kanilang air compressor, kaya minimized yung water na mapupunta sa loob ng engine mo.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    O.D.,
    I change oil every 5,000kms. Additives? I used T-plus only twice in my pick-up's lifetime. I can attest it really works because it is mainly composed of teflon and no other outrageous claims and chemicals that makes this and that engine work better. The word DuPont Teflon is good enough for me to trust it. There are two types of T-Plus. The first one is the treatment and the other is for maintenance which is poured in 50,000 MILES after the initial treatment. I didn't follow the recommended interval though. The first treatment was in 1997 and the last one was in 2001. BTW, My pick-up has clocked about 189,000 plus on the odometer. Oil? For the past 2 years I have been using ELF's Grapholia Oil. It has a greenish tinge and it works really great. One thing I noticed about this oil, is that the during normal driving, the temp gauge hangs on the 1/4 mark longer than expected, like after 15 minutes of driving, it still sticks there. Not sure if it has a cooling effect. Any similar experiences out there? But before using this oil, normal temp for my pick-up was at the halfway mark even after 10 mins of driving. But then again, there can be a lot of factors that contribute to this phenomenon, one thing is that I live in the mountains of Benguet. Before that I have been using Castrol,Caltex, Shell , Valvoline and many other oils. In short, for the past years since I got my ride , my pick-up has been an active bar hopper, but for the past 2 years, he had faithful to only one.:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit ba pag DIESEL engine ang nag-change oil maitim agad ang oil. unlike in gas engines.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ibaloi
    bro,wer cn i buy d t-plus & hw mch?same w/ d elf?tnx

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    correct me if i am wrong what i did, before i change my oil, i added .5 liter of ATF to the oil and run it for a little while (about 15 mins) and drain the oil overnight. sabi kasi ng ibang mekaniko na yung ATF ay may detergent properites. btw the engine is a 3B on a 60 series landcruiser, hindi ko pa masyadong kabisado itong LC60 at nasorbrahan ko pa yung oil na nailagay ko, pagka lagay ko ng oil, pinatakbo ko ng 30 mins and napansin ko na medyo malinis pa rin ang oil compared duon sa ibang change oil times ko.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Olive Drab,
    The additives in diesel oil are meant to hold the dirt/soot from the combustion process in the oil thus a good oil will look "dirty" right away, specially on old engines.

rodcarolino,
    I've never heard of ATF's detergent properties when added to oil, nor can .5L have that big an effect on 6+L of engine oil in that amount of time. I'd give more weight to good oil filters to keep our engines clean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Using engine flush