New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Na pick up ko to dun sa isang website about veggie oil used for diesel engine as fuel. Ano sa palagay nyo? advisable kaya? di kaya mapadali ang sira ng pistons natin nito?

"Engine carbon build ups can be a problem with diesel fuelled engines which have not been run hard/hot enough. It is advisable to work diesel engines hard fairly regularly to burn this carbon from the engine, more so when running on vegetable oil. A standing start to high speed pedal to the metal run or a very long uphill haul has been shown to help. Extended periods at low engine load or tick over are best avoided when possible. Combustion is less complete when the engine is first started until it reaches operating temperature as the piston rings do not seal as efficiently until the various engine components have expanded with the combustion heat. It is good practice to drive fairly hard upon first starting the vehicle to bring it up to operating temperature as soon as possible."

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im no expert, but i would strongly advise against driving hard when the diesel engine is not yet under nominal operating temp. The greatest wear on the engine is when the oil has not fully circulated. And when the engine innards are not yet expanded (due to heat).

Next, diesel engines dont have spark plugs and combustion is provided by the superheating of compressed air. Thus, a diesel which has not yet reached temperature will not combust as efficiently as one which is already heated.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Correct me if I'm wrong, alam ko kailangan may i-adjust sa diesel engine before it could use vegetable oils as fuel. Maganda veg. oil since it's environment friendly and is a renewable resource not like crude oil.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May I also add that it's also has less fat and cholesterol :lol:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont know kung ano ina-adjust, but as far as i can recall slight mod lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You guys might want to try the Liqui-moly diesel purge I'm selling. 500/bottle of 500ml.
    It's an injector cleaner & cetane improver.
    I've never used it myself but the feedback I've gotten re it is very good.
    Most of our clients for it are the bus companies.
    Woodfire has used it & tells me that it works well.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano yung sebo? pag malamig?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    conversion required for veggy oil .... that's because you need to heat up the oil fiirst .... di bale, babango naman usok mo .... kung sa mcdo ka kukuha ng used oil, amoy french fries ;-)

Unusual advice for cleaning your diesel engine