The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    check khaos 1st

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    yup... you have to place the device right before the combustion chamber for it to theoretically work.

and even if it is placed right before the combustion chamber, the swirl generated will be negated by the speed of the air flow.
    ... not to mention the possible danger of the device being sucked into the engine block under high revs.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    check out the specs on the Mazda6's 3.0L V6 engine...

...it's supposed to have "swirl vanes" cast into the intake runner.....closer to the valve opening...

swirling of the charge mixture has been done in the past...
    ...VTEC-E equipped Honda's close one (of the two) intake valves to promote swirl and tumble to ensure better combustion and fuel economy...I'll dig up more info once I get the time to...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may similar product na nakakabit sa namana kong stainless intake tube mula sa dating SiR ng pamangkin ko...didnt feel any difference/noticed any improvements sa fuel economy noong tinaggal ko yung stock air cleaner hose at ipinalit ko yung stainless tube with the similar product...if you guys want to try it ipamana ko na lang sa inyo...tinatamad akong tanggalin kaya di ko na tinaggal noong nakita ko iyon noon...any volunteer?
    Last edited by chieffy; May 9th, 2005 at 05:03 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    This product sounds so much like the Turbo Stormy device that I heard about years ago.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by specv
    check out the specs on the Mazda6's 3.0L V6 engine...

...it's supposed to have "swirl vanes" cast into the intake runner.....closer to the valve opening...

swirling of the charge mixture has been done in the past...
    ...VTEC-E equipped Honda's close one (of the two) intake valves to promote swirl and tumble to ensure better combustion and fuel economy...I'll dig up more info once I get the time to...
    yup. car manufacturers have been doing that ever since (includes Merc & Audi). the key is to place the the device as near as possible to the combustion chamber.

behaviour of the said devices will vary from car to car as you need to study the air thermodynamics of that peculiar engine.

but a device claiming that it is applicable to all vehicles?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    and2 na tong product sa ayala true value..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    being an owner of 2 generations of mazdas, I've learned a lot about tumble-swirl devices. The tumble swirl effect on mazda engines (this wasn't available here) was only used at very low revs to make combustion more even. At high revs, the tumble vanes are retracted. This only works if the vortices are created either right before/inside the combustion chamber. Bolt ons don't have the same effect.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    BTW, This VTIC (variable tumble intake control) is different from what's on the mazda 6. It was on the 130hp version of the Lynx RS 2.0 engine sold in the US. Again, like m2 and ghosthunter have said, the effect cannot work before the throttle as the throttle itself causes turbulence that the intake manifold is designed to remove.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    revelcop: Check the khaos thread under car talk. You'll find it interesting...

make it very interesting...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
UniQ FCE (Fuel Combustion Enhancer)