New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Hello,

Just wondering, is it recommended for a SOHC engine to have a turbo installed? Is it applicable for all engines, especially in Honda? Asking for your thoughts.

Another question, I have been looking on some images from the net of engines with turbos. I notice that the AC condenser is missing, I guess to give way for the turbo. Is this always the setup,when you put a turbo on a car, the AC needs to be took off?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_celiz09 View Post
    Another question, I have been looking on some images from the net of engines with turbos. I notice that the AC condenser is missing, I guess to give way for the turbo. Is this always the setup,when you put a turbo on a car, the AC needs to be took off?

Thanks!
    nope

the turbo doesnt get in the way of the AC

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello,

Just wondering, is it recommended for a SOHC engine to have a turbo installed? Is it applicable for all engines, especially in Honda? Asking for your thoughts.

Thanks!

With regards to the AC system, it depends on the space in the engine bay. If you want more power from a turbo and your engine bay is relatively spacious enough, you can have both AC and a turbocharger installed at the same time.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    With regards to the AC system, it depends on the space in the engine bay. If you want more power from a turbo and your engine bay is relatively spacious enough, you can have both AC and a turbocharger installed at the same time.
    So it may depend on the size of the turbo that will be placed, right?

Any living proof here of an SOHC Turboed engine? :D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Is this yours Sir Uls? How much did the setup cost?

By the way, what's your radiator?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Is this yours Sir Uls? How much did the setup cost?

By the way, what's your radiator?
    nope not mine

pero local civic yan

ganda ng turbo manifold no?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

SOHC, DOHC, OHV... none of that will prevent you from turbocharging an engine.

What matters is the exact engine model you will be turbocharging. There are some engines that are so well-built, you can more than double the power with a turbo. There are others whose internals are so weak that a mere 50 hp extra can cause failure within a year or two of the installation.

(reliability also depends on how good your tuner and installer are, and how conscientious you are with maintenance).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    nasaan kaya napunta ung power steering pump..
    parang kinain ng manifold turbo ung space ng steering pump.

hindi ko makita he he..