New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Mga bosing, im kev, bgo lang ko dito sa tsikot ehe...Balak ko sna palakasin ung makina ng revo ko, budget ko 40-50k lang. San kea meron maayos gumawa na mga turbo shops?? or anu kea pde ilagay na engine mods pra lumakas yung makina??

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kev09 View Post
    Mga bosing, im kev, bgo lang ko dito sa tsikot ehe...Balak ko sna palakasin ung makina ng revo ko, budget ko 40-50k lang. San kea meron maayos gumawa na mga turbo shops?? or anu kea pde ilagay na engine mods pra lumakas yung makina??
    Ito ang payo ko sayo Kev. Wag mo na sana gawin yan.

1. Ok naman ang power ng Revo.
    2. Sayang ang 40-50K mo. Baka kulangin pa yan sa dami ng babaguhin sa makina mo.
    3. Masisira ang resale value ng car mo kung hindi OK ang modification.
    4. Tataas pa ang fuel consumption mo. Remember, more power = more fuel.
    Gastosin mo nalang yung 50k sa original filters, oil change, timing belt and tensioner replacement, brake pads, new tires, etc. Kung may sobra, ibili mo ng magandang regalo ang misis mo. Suggestion lang naman.

Godbless,

Dieseldude

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I was googling around and found a forum doing turbo for 3L.
    http://www.toyotadiesel.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3683

may pinoy pa dyan... talking about this product:
    http://www.axtturbo.com.au/Hi2L.html

imo, risky... most likely, n/a engines has higher compression rates than turbo ones. and most likely, engine internals has some differences between stock 2LT.

but how about a total engine swap with a 2LT hilux surf? and keep the stock engine for spare... atleast kung masira may reserve ka pa.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi guys,

what would I need to install a turbo kit on my 91 Pajero subic, and how much would it cost?

will it greatly affect my FC?

got it secondhand with no turbo since the previous owner had it removed with the intercooler since it had a lot of problems and leaks.

I am thinking on installing a replacement turbo and intercooler to add some horses during long drives.

any opinions would be greatly appreciated, TIA

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just get a surplus stock Pajero turbo and assembly. FC shouldn't suffer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    tnx niky for the advice,

is surplus different from replacement parts? like 555 brand? mitsu surplus are secondhand stuff?

where can I get a cheap turbo and assembly ? can you recommend a shop please

any more inputs mga sirs, tnx again

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    up lng mga sirs, your inputs will be greatly appreciated

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTCH*! View Post
    up lng mga sirs, your inputs will be greatly appreciated
    If your Pajero was originally turbocharged, puttting back the turbo would be good as you will then feel the true power of your ride. Look for a surplus turbo, intake and exhaust manifolds, and intercooler. Dont rush things; canvass ka muna from various suppliers, and verify warranty.

You also have to check your injection pump if it was previously replaced with a naturally aspirated version. The original injection pump of a turbocharged Pajero will have a boost compensator mounted on top. This device senses turbo boost, and varies fuelling to match the engine's air intake pressure. The turbo kit will be quite useless without this device.

Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTCH*! View Post
    tnx niky for the advice,

is surplus different from replacement parts? like 555 brand? mitsu surplus are secondhand stuff?
    surplus means excess, but we use this word here as used parts.

one time I saw a turbo parts kit on a shop and asked how much was it, they say 12K.

since your ride is a subic, it's a good venture to pair it with a subic turbo surplus. we bought here a surplus intercooler for a 4d56t. it cost me 1.5k with the pipes but without the fan. sorry I can't recommend a shop. ang layo ko sa maynila. canvass mo lang dyan sa banawe shops, take your time...

and tingnan mo muna exhaust manifold mo, how did they condemn the turbo. so you will know what parts do you need aside from a turbo. maybe you will need new parts for the intake, the oil and water lines.

+1 to Diesel Dude, Tried running without the boost compensator by accident, the ride doesn't pick up well.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    * sir Dieseldude and sir Rion, thank you so much for the inputs, very helpful for a newbie like me.

I will definitely follow your advice and canvass around muna and check all that needs replacing. this will be my christmas gift for myself so as early as now nag gagather nko info.

mga fellow tsikoteers kung may heads up kayo on surplus na turbo kit for pajero please let me know.

maraming salamat po.

Turbo Kit for 2L engine