New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I have a Toyota Corolla 95 XE. I am planning to have a tune up. Can anyone suggest a brand of engine oil, both fully synthetic and semi synthetic, that you think is best. I tried looking for a 10w 30 but i can't find any. all i see is 10w 40 or 15w 40. and how many cans should i buy? Which one do you suggest i use? and please do include filters that needed to be changed and brand if ever. Cost?

Btw, do i need to use engine flush? it has been overhauled about a year ago? thanks alot guys

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by batusai_jr View Post
    I have a Toyota Corolla 95 XE. I am planning to have a tune up. Can anyone suggest a brand of engine oil, both fully synthetic and semi synthetic, that you think is best. I tried looking for a 10w 30 but i can't find any. all i see is 10w 40 or 15w 40. and how many cans should i buy? Which one do you suggest i use? and please do include filters that needed to be changed and brand if ever. Cost?

Btw, do i need to use engine flush? it has been overhauled about a year ago? thanks alot guys
    http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...9/index62.html - read post number #925 by dvldoc to help you in your choice of engine oil. No need for engine flush IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Cant go wrong with Royal Purple. Its full synthetic oil. 5w30 and 10w30 variants are available. Contact Speedyfix, he should be able to sell you the oil or point you to a distributor near you.

No need for engine flush, IMO

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I agree don't use engine flush.

Since it's a corolla xe and newly overhauled, you are still using your stock 2e engine. I would recommend regular mineral or semi-sythetic (depends on what your budget will permit) and change it religiously every 5k kms. My experience using fully synthetic on my 2e engine was not good (noisier compared to when I was using mineral oil). IMHO you are better off with 40 weight oil than 30, in theory, using lighter viscosity oil on high mileage engine can lead to leaks.

On oil filters, ordinary oil filter will do (vic, bosch, etc) just make sure you get the real one, fakes are everywhere and just like your oil, change it every 5k kms.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Same for me here, do not use engine flush, instead of using engine flush, put a regular engine oil and let it run for a week and after that change oil again and use the best engine oil you want

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Same here. Dont use a flushing chemical. Use regular oil to flush out the old oil. Although shell now has a flushing oil which i have not tried. Maybe the rest can give feedback on this.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I agree with everyone, an engine flush or motor flush, as some what may call, is just a waste of money. IMO, A well-known branded mineral oil would do just fine, just as long as you change or follow your manufacturer's recommended interval for changing oil.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Any mono grade sae40 will do. Just run it through the engine then change the filter and put in the API appropriate multigrade oil of choice. This procedure need not be done every oil change. Just monitor your oil and do the flush as needed.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Harmful ba yan sa makina yun Engine Flushing? Matagal na kaming gumagamit yan and wala naman naging problema sa makina. Sa pag flush talagang tanggal yun langis, then i drain maigi. Ngayon ko lang nakita itong thread na ito.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Harmful ba yan sa makina yun Engine Flushing? Matagal na kaming gumagamit yan and wala naman naging problema sa makina. Sa pag flush talagang tanggal yun langis, then i drain maigi. Ngayon ko lang nakita itong thread na ito.
    A lot of engine flushes use strong detergents/chemicals which may increase the deterioration of your seals and other rubber components in the engine. If I'd need to do an engine flush, i'd go with using either engine oil or a branded one like Liqy Moly or Motul. However, if you change your oil regularly as specified by the manufacturer, there is no need for engine flushing really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast