New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello,
    can you help me with my problem. when i start the engine of my prado i notice a knock sound in the engine. 10 seconds after the engine started the noise disappear. do you have any idea as to what is the problem with the engine. 1998 Toyota Prado (commercial). ODO meter reading is 97,000, Engine 1KZ-T 3.0 Diesel. Thank you and more power..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    you might as well try to visit a shop specialized with diesel engines

to avoid guessing

that could be from fuel injection knock or the engine itself
    or it could be somehing else

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    normal lang yan sir sa diesel fuel knock dalhin nyo po sa calibration to clean the nozzle,takataktatak ata ang sound nyan

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    A faulty injector will continuously and/or intermittently knock as long as the engine is running,....... fresh start or not,....... hot or cold. Knock won't go away in 10 seconds.

This seems to be an engine problem. I hope it's not though. Drain a cup of oil from the crankcase to check for presence of metal particles.

Good luck!!!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    A faulty injector will continuously and/or intermittently knock as long as the engine is running,....... fresh start or not,....... hot or cold. Knock won't go away in 10 seconds.

This seems to be an engine problem, bearing failure probably. I hope it's not though.

Drain a cup of oil from the crankcase to check for presence of metal particles.

Good luck!!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gobingo View Post
    Hello,
    can you help me with my problem. when i start the engine of my prado i notice a knock sound in the engine. 10 seconds after the engine started the noise disappear. do you have any idea as to what is the problem with the engine. 1998 Toyota Prado (commercial). ODO meter reading is 97,000, Engine 1KZ-T 3.0 Diesel. Thank you and more power..
    Give us a history of repair work or engine condition\noise prior to occurence of the problem. Check engine light if any? How is your oil level, filter and quality?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it might not be from the engine, i've heard some knocking on other cars that come from the belt tensioner... if malambot na it can cause that sound. you may want to check that out.

Toyota Diesel Start up knock