New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    I see. this is the most common problems transplanting these engine series. hooking the electrics...

though 2ct pump is mechanical. the electrics connected to the pump is also connected to the computer box. they help balance the fuel and power deilvery to the engine.

most mechanic's solution is to advance the fuel governor. but if you can hook the electrics, it would be better...

experienced personaly not able to hook the complete electrics on the pump transplant, the performance was not good and fuel consumption was bad.

is there any way of fixing this what do i need?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    I see. this is the most common problems transplanting these engine series. hooking the electrics...

though 2ct pump is mechanical. the electrics connected to the pump is also connected to the computer box. they help balance the fuel and power deilvery to the engine.

most mechanic's solution is to advance the fuel governor. but if you can hook the electrics, it would be better...

experienced personaly not able to hook the complete electrics on the pump transplant, the performance was not good and fuel consumption was bad.

i found that the fuel burn was a little heavy but i thought it was because it was tranny

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sorry, no ideas how to integrate hilux wirings with the 2ct.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trini2c View Post
    lol it had a 2y in it before and i swap it and went 2c turbo got the intercooler from a friend including the 2nd gen bonnet scoop

is it possible to saftely over boost this engine and by how much
    If your reason to overboost the 2CT is to gain more vehicle speed, this will not work. You may gain some torque though.......... speed.. NO. Furthermore, premature turbo failure can happen.

Compare the maximum rpm of the 2Y and 2CT engines.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trini2c View Post

i found that the fuel burn was a little heavy but i thought it was because it was tranny
    Do you mind me asking you a question pls? what is the working temp of the 2ct? and do you have the thermostat fitted or you removed it? thx as i fitted on on my land cruiser and i have the impression that it is working hot. the temp gets max to 2/3 up between hot and cold but during normal operation it only rises to 1/3. but when i touch the inlet of hte water pump and the outlet of the water to the radiator there is a big difference in temperature as the inlet to the water pump is cold and the outlet to the radiator is hot. thx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Toyota 2c turbo boost upgrade