New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hi i have a toyota 2c turbo diesel and i want to install a 2nd gen rx7 top mount intercooler. i know that my boost pressure will drop is there any way of raising this to the stock pressure and what is the stock pressure

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Engine Specs for 2C-T:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40308

includes info of stock boost pressure, oil pressure, compression, etc...

the best way to increase it is to buy a boost controller.

what ride is it?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks man any boost controller will work also can i overboost it a toyota Hilux 2wd 4door 1986 model i have alwasy been a fan of nissan and this is my first toyota i only want toyota after this

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    afaik, it is universal, fitting it via wastegate's hose. if you are in doubt, just tell the store it's for a ct9/ct12 turbo. same with starlet turbo.

or bring the hose with you to check the fittings correctly.

if it's local hilux, I don't think so. correct if I'm wrong, 1986 local hilux is not turbo yet. it's still a 2L n/a. your 2C-T is even a little bit more powerful than that.

where did you get your RX7 intercooler if you don't mind me asking?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    lol it had a 2y in it before and i swap it and went 2c turbo got the intercooler from a friend including the 2nd gen bonnet scoop

is it possible to saftely over boost this engine and by how much

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I hear 12 PSI is the max overboost. but don't take my word for it. the info link I gave you clearly says 0.68 Bar or 9.862566 PSI.

are you putting the 2C-T on a hilux?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I already installed it about one year ago just want to upgrade it now

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I see, I have some questions of you don't mind.

why 2CT? why not 2LT or 3LT?
    how's the power compared to the old 2Y engine? where you able to hook power to your 2ct injection pump and TPS?
    Last edited by rion; August 10th, 2008 at 12:58 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    I see, I have some questions of you don't mind.

why 2CT? why not 2LT or 3LT?
    how's the power compared to the old 2Y engine? where you able to hook power to your 2ct injection pump and TPS?
    Yea no problem i dont mind answering i went with the 2c-t because at the time that was the engine i was getting, performance as compared with 2y a little slower on take off but quick to reach top end (which i have never reach fear of damaging speedometer reach i the kmh sign just before 0 and backed off ) but then again i went from manual to automatic so with the tranny i know i will lose some power as if i had a manual box in i dont understand your second question but i think you asking about the hook up for the injector pump i just ran the solenoid from the starter switch and i dont have the fuel compensator hook up i wish i could thou

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I see. this is the most common problems transplanting these engine series. hooking the electrics...

though 2ct pump is mechanical. the electrics connected to the pump is also connected to the computer box. they help balance the fuel and power deilvery to the engine.

most mechanic's solution is to advance the fuel governor. but if you can hook the electrics, it would be better...

experienced personaly not able to hook the complete electrics on the pump transplant, the performance was not good and fuel consumption was bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota 2c turbo boost upgrade