New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    results are for the diesel santa fe... traffic sucks! nag megamall kami twice! [emoji28]

elantra does 12+ after and 10+ before..

FOCUS
    bro stock, nasa 89-92c yung working temp sa obd ko. pero pagbukas engine bay, di ko kaya yung init LOL

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    question: ano epekto (kung meron man) pag walang thermostat ang cooling system ng oto?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    question: ano epekto (kung meron man) pag walang thermostat ang cooling system ng oto?
    sabi nila, mas matagal ma reach ang ideal running temp; so in a way, higher FC siguro

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ito bro magandang explantion at clear na examples:

This ideal engine-operating temperature accomplishes several goals: It helps engine oil to lubricate efficiently and to remove harmful deposits. It reduces emissions and gas consumption, and contributes to engine performance.

Thus, the thermostat has an impact on your engine's health and longevity.

A failed thermostat will prevent the engine from operating within its ideal temperature range and affect its performance. For example:

A thermostat stuck opened will cause a continuous flow of coolant, resulting in a lower operating temperature. Since the oil operates below temperature, the condition accelerates parts' wear, reducing engine efficiency and increasing emissions over time.
    On the other hand, a thermostat stuck in the closed position will prevent coolant flow and cause the temperature to steadily rise. If you fail to notice and keep your engine running, in a matter of minutes your engine self-destructs. Literally.

Either way, your engine will suffer damage. The difference is just in the amount of time it takes.
    taken from: Do I Need to Replace My Car Thermostat? | AxleAddict
    Last edited by baludoy; May 23rd, 2018 at 08:42 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I tried this and the ecu kept warming up the engine.( malamig sa bundok) resulting to bad fc. even sa highway na napakainit. lalamig agad makina lol. taas ng fc. anyways bought a new one to replace the modified "open" thermostat.

there are more bad things na pwede mangyari..

dont modify!

FOCUS

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ito bro magandang explantion at clear na examples:

taken from: Do I Need to Replace My Car Thermostat? | AxleAddict
    if the manufacturer did not think the car needed a thermostat for tropical climate cars, it would have not installed them in our local cars. it would have effected savings in manufacture.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if the manufacturer did not think the car needed a thermostat for tropical climate cars, it would have not installed them in our local cars. it would have effected savings in manufacture.
    This is something I can't explain to this radiator guy as he kept suggesting that I remove the thermostat. He said that old cars are better without it. He further explained that should it get stuck in close position, it will cause a lot of damage and unnecessary repairs.

Another guy, he suggested that I replace the radiator with a bigger one. This in effect will save gas.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    This is something I can't explain to this radiator guy as he kept suggesting that I remove the thermostat. He said that old cars are better without it. He further explained that should it get stuck in close position, it will cause a lot of damage and unnecessary repairs.

Another guy, he suggested that I replace the radiator with a bigger one. This in effect will save gas.
    kanto engineers!

FOCUS

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    kanto engineers!

FOCUS
    Feeling nila kasi bro na beat nila yun system [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Just leave it as is. Replace if necessary.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234