New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *niky: stock pa naman po yung headers ko..

hmmm.. after reading the article posted by HyBrideVo nagdalawang isip ako hmmm.. ilang taon kaya magdeteriorate yung headers ko pag pinalagyan ko ng wrap? considering na hindi naman ako nakikipagkarera.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Who knows? I think it really depends on how hot your headers get. I know some people with low-level mods who have header-wrap and no problems... but a buddy has a turbo and cracked his manifold in short order.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Or you could try cerami-coating your headers... ghetto style... take off your header, wash out all the deposits in there with a strong solvent, some high-pressure water and detergent and an air hose... if you can get something in there to scrape it out (like a steel brush), even better... then fill the header with high-temp paint (those 1000 degree paints you see at hardware stores for burners)... swirl it around in there to get a nice even coating, then drain and let dry.

I don't guarantee the coating won't flake off and get ingested into your engine when you start it, though... there's a vacuum when you start the engine... which is why flaky cats have killed QR25 engines in the US... but it should do the same job that header wrap does.
    +1 on Niky's DIY suggestion.. :thumbup:

Heto naman there's a whole bunch of thermal products Thermo-Tec

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i've never seen good quality headers crack because of thermowrap. we've been selling it and installing it for years now and wala pa nagaganyan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i've never seen good quality headers crack because of thermowrap. we've been selling it and installing it for years now and wala pa nagaganyan
    *speedyfix: I am not into racing (obviosly my car is Exalta STA). So do you recommend / suggest that I install thermal wrap?

I drove the car kanina and medyo nagaalala ako sa init.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    well it's one of the best ways to reduce underhood heat.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    has anyone used a bosny high-temp paint for their headers. pwede ka DIY, engine wash tapos let it dry then put some newpapers to cover others parts, then spray with hi-temp. yun nga lang bottom part will no be coated, just to breathe underneath since hot air goes up.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    currently, how much pakabit nyan thermotec? i have seen this sold sa concorde and hardware store in shangrila

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hi speedy, ok ba yan sa 92 accord ko? stock lahat. malapit sa radiator ang headers although meron parang shield between header and fan.

either that or lagyan ko ng insulation ang hood.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    well it's one of the best ways to reduce underhood heat.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    thermowrap is better at reducing the heat, the insulation only keeps it from affecting paint etc... better to reduce it imo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
thermal wrap o repipe???