New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    This is a proof of durability of taxi vehicle like adventure and vios.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frequenzy View Post
    medyo may katotohanan din to, kapitbahay kasi namin meron 5 vios na taxis and most of the time sa kanya kami nagtatanong since my vios din kami :-) sa kanya na rin kami nagpapachange oil. bili lang ng oil and filter.
    I'm betting one of the first advice was to open your hood para hinde mag overheat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Taxi operators are only interested in keeping the fleet running, but not necessarily in tip-top condition. Countless have I seen taxis with their CEL on. More commonly, you would hear weird noises emanating from the engine and/or suspension.

You can put used cooking oil in the crank case and it would still run. But a car in "running condition" does not necessarily mean it's well-maintained.

The devil is in the details.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    karamihan taxi sa lansangan ay "poorly maintained" ... shows a lot about the operator/driver

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    mga sir kada 5years ba pinapalitan na ang taxi?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    This is a proof of durability of taxi vehicle like adventure and vios.
    Yeah. The Vioses that overheat due to poor maintenance, hot traffic and inadequate cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by yrreg View Post
    Therefore: to achieve the top condition of my car = to ask taxi owners-operators for advice on how to save on money, labor, and time in the car's maintenance and repair to keep it the longest hours on the road in total time.
    Uh... have you ever talked to any taxi operators?

Taxi operators treat taxis as disposable items. That's why the boundary is so high, they need to recoup their investment before they dispose of their cars. And to keep the boundaries high, they cheap out on everything. Cheap oil. Cheap filter. Cheap suspension parts (sisirain naman ng driver, so why bother?).

Bahala na si Batman sa pintura at rustproofing. By the time the taxi is five years old, mga 200,000 kms nang tinakbo... wala na siyang silbi, may kalawang o hindi. Hindi rin kailangan alagaan masyado ang makina at transmission. Problema na ng next owner yun.

-

Same for many company fleet operators. Cheapskates. Walang pakialam sa kotse. After five years, considered zero value na yun. Disposed. Kahit mga ibang car companies diyan, yung service units nila mukhang basura.

-

If you want to ask advice about maintenance, go to a high-end car rental. They need their cars to last and to stay in tip-top shape, so they're willing to spend more on maintenance.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sotel View Post
    mga sir kada 5years ba pinapalitan na ang taxi?

hanga't umaander pa.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    kay TS.

Do you ride a taxi? ako bihira pa ako nakasakay ng taxi na masasabi ko na well maintained ang unit niya.
    ano ba basehan mo? hanggat umaandar well maintained? kung yun nga ang basehan mo case is closed
    sa daming bulox na taxi na umaandar sa pinas panalo ka na.

Sa aircon lang parang blower lang ng mainit na hangin. karag karag ang makina at kung ano ano pa.
    kaya for me hindi worth it sumakay ng taxi sa pinas.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A few days ago, I had the experience of riding in a taxi cab with it's brake pads worn down to the brake pad steel backings. The metal to metal sound was a difficult sound to bear for any gear-head to take.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    How about ung mga yellow taxi cab sa airport?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Taxi operators are the most experienced with car maintenance and car troubles...